So I had a go at setting up my new Profilux 4 yesterda, I’ll start with the good points
Build quality is impressive, seems to be very well made and things like how the probes connect are good quality connections. Unfortunately that‘s were the praise ends, as I feared the software is quite frankly terrible in my opinion.
I started with the YouTube video on setup by GHL, first point I’d make is it’s out of date compared to options I had when configuring, no big deal most of it self explanatory. So first real issue I had was setting up a myGHL account, it would not send an email verification, it was not an issue with my mailbox or spam filter it was an issue elsewhere, I tried to resend the verification three times but the email didn’t arrive. I therefore continued without linking to myGHL which led to issues later on.
So on to trying to connect to the device and setup WiFi, this was a major headache, multiple reboots, multiple errors, app crashing but eventually after about an hour I got it connected to the app over WiFi and a hotspot. Performance over the hotspot seemed ok, loading screens over WiFi was not great.
My email verification eventually turned up, meaning I could link to myGHL, this caused mayhem in the app and I had to delete the app as it got stuck on entering my myGHL credentials. So now I’m back to reconfiguring WiFi and the same set of issues I’d had at the start.
I’m now a few hours in and I’ve got WiFi setup and linked to myGHL and I can start to have a look around the app, well disappointing is the word I’d use in general to describe the experience. It’s slow, it’s unintuitive, it crashes randomly, I did like some of things you configure such as renaming feed and maintenance modes, and rearrange, resizing of tile.
Im now seriously considering returning the product, I really want to like the quality is great in terms of physical hardware it’s just such poor software