Looks like I am losing this 3 yr old #LeatherToadstool

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2016
Messages
1,441
Reaction score
1,330
Location
TAMPA , FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a #120Mixed Reef

It's like someone took a bite out of it. Ever since Hurricane Irma, it has not been fully extended. What are your thoughts? If it's dying should I cut it off the rock?
The crazy part, all of my #SPS & #LPS corals are doing better than ever!


IMG_5674.JPG


IMG_5673.JPG
 
I would doubt you have enough nutrients in the tank to keep him thriving.....Softies like dirty water and sps like clean water so chances are if your sps look good your softies and eventually lps won’t look good. What are your water parameters?
 
Sarcophyton do die off in portions like this and then split. To be certain though I would not hesitate to cut it off at the stem, remove from tank if able, run charcoal after wards.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top