Lost all but one fish in less than 12 hours.

Thread was started Friday and said the issue started a week before after the last addition, but it was two days after that to see losses. We're still talking less than a week then since the first loss. Any fish can have a temp immunity, and some are more susceptible. After my recent run-in with velvet I had two fish that never showed any signs at all, while everything around them was dying. A couple others were infected, but saved.

I wouldn't rule out velvet simply because one fish still appears ok, especially since it's still been less than a week.
 
Thread was started Friday and said the issue started a week before after the last addition, but it was two days after that to see losses. We're still talking less than a week then since the first loss. Any fish can have a temp immunity, and some are more susceptible. After my recent run-in with velvet I had two fish that never showed any signs at all, while everything around them was dying. A couple others were infected, but saved.

I wouldn't rule out velvet simply because one fish still appears ok, especially since it's still been less than a week.
The fish where in the qt system at the lfs which is treated with antibiotics and copper. If that matters?
 
So far as I know velvet will kill anything, but I would imagine some species would be affected more than others. What would you say @4FordFamily ?
Some fish can have a strong resistance to it. Wrasse and gobies being the most common. Wrasse sleep in mucous cocoons or under the sand in addition to having thick slime coats. Gobies have thick slime coats as well. I’ve even seen a very rare tang or two that built a resistance to it, although this is far less likely.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top