Low nitrates in two month old tank/Diatoms

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brent02
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Brent02

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
2
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, looking for some feedback. I have a two month old 130.4 waterbox. I currently have quite a bit of diatoms on the sand bed only. My nitrates are currently 1.4 after heavy daily AB+ and reef roids twice a week. My question is am I feeding the diatoms while I’m trying to raise the nitrate levels? What should my next steps be. Will the diatoms not dissipate if I continue to feed heavy? How can I juggle raising the nitrates while not feeding the diatoms?
 
Are they diatoms or dinoflagellates?

I am not sure if diatoms are linked with low nutrients at all.

If they are dinos, I would stop AB+ until dinos are gone. They thrive on that stuff.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top