LPS Acan ID - Bowerbanki or Hillae?

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2017
Messages
1,029
Reaction score
727
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have this coral that started as a tiny nub last August the size of a dime that dropped off the mother colony from a friend.

It is an insane tangerine orange with lighter orange striping. I’m leaning toward Acan Hillae for ID, but could be a Bowerbanki?

It has grown VERY well from its tiny former self and I’m very happy I snagged it. I attached a picture when I got it as well as two recent shots as of today. Can’t even see the plug anymore when it is opened up!

5EC44CA0-4D3B-4F86-B459-8521099DC621.jpeg 32594134-2CFC-4F56-82FE-9B5F218E4D69.jpeg A1A43965-169B-4C0B-9FBC-62C640B0C9CC.jpeg
 
Orange Bowerbanki
 
They are the same coral now. They are classified as the same coral.

Previously, I thought Hillae were smaller Bowerbanki.
 
They are the same coral now. They are classified as the same coral.

Previously, I thought Hillae were smaller Bowerbanki.
I had no idea!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top