Mag 9 rusty water dripping out by cord...is it problematic??!!

dknuckles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
1,005
Reaction score
17
Location
SE Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night while cleaning my 50g drum for next batch of ESV I noticed it was EXTREMELY dirty. Upon examining the Mag pump a lot of rust colored water came out. Last batch pump recvd a full vinegar bath.
I have heard long long ago the Mag pumps would expand and leach something in the water. Unfortunately I can no longer find any info.
I did test Iron and resulted 0 so my concern is a copper ion exchange if pump is compromised.
 
I don't think I would be using myself.
 
I exercise the rule, when in doubt throw it out :)
 
That is what I did.
My concern is any possible residual problems if/what it leaks so I could be prepared. Also I have been having issues post wc for few months and this may have been a contributing factor as all #s are in check.
Finally found a use for the extra Tunze

Brewing a fresh batch now so I can mix salt w/ Tunze tonight after I close.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top