Majano Wand...You see this?

what about the high powered laser?
 
rofl its like the iphone4 just came out ... cool toy glad to have it in the club .. hopefully those polyps wont release toxins .. that could be bad .. but hopefully itll kill aiptasias
 
I respectfully disagree. Based on months of testing, I've observed a near 100% kill rate on everything with the sole exception being Xenia which while easy to control, is very difficult to completely eradicate.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/re...use-lasers-controlling-pest-algae-corals.html

Ok i guess i need to go into further detail. The laser I have 1w laser is not strong enough to kill them very well. If right on the glass or just a few inches in it does kill them. Im sure with a 2w laser this would work better, but they will still return. So you would have to do this many times.
 
pepermints made my stuggles go away I laugh at how I used to fret about it but perhaps for things other than aiptasia and reefers like new toys so Enjoy. More natural ways usually work better.
 
It's here, It works if you can get it before it retracts into the rock (Which is hard) So I hate to say this but this was a bad purchase IMO. All the ones you can't get direct access to are not even possible to Zap because the Rod is not flexible and the Aptasia seem to sense this thing B4 you can touch them with the tip, Weird but true, Out of all that i tried to kill i may have gotten 2 the rest are back out again hacking me off!! Plus it gives off some kind of gas and you can only use it for a short period of time and it dropped my PH down to 7.9 from 8.25 in a few minutes.
I think we have been snookered on this buy!
Bill
 
pepermints made my stuggles go away I laugh at how I used to fret about it but perhaps for things other than aiptasia and reefers like new toys so Enjoy. More natural ways usually work better.

I would love to go this route, but my melenurus wrasse would eat them.
 
It's here, It works if you can get it before it retracts into the rock (Which is hard) So I hate to say this but this was a bad purchase IMO. All the ones you can't get direct access to are not even possible to Zap because the Rod is not flexible and the Aptasia seem to sense this thing B4 you can touch them with the tip, Weird but true, Out of all that i tried to kill i may have gotten 2 the rest are back out again hacking me off!! Plus it gives off some kind of gas and you can only use it for a short period of time and it dropped my PH down to 7.9 from 8.25 in a few minutes.
I think we have been snookered on this buy!
Bill

I hate to hear that Bill. I am having the most issues with them in my 10 gallon nano at the moment. Which all rocks are easily movable, and will be able to get to the little buggers. Just bring it to the next meeting, and I'll give it a try.
 
I used one for about a year. A buddy got one when they were just $80. He moved and I went to buy one, they jumped up to $120. I didn't get one at that price. I has really good luck with it though. I could get 5/10 at a time. It's easier if you have someone spot for you. And yes, they will retract, so you'll have to get them over a few days. Hold the tip and button until you see them melt, or you'll just waste your time. And yes, the tips don't bend so some of them will be hard I'd not impossible to get too. I use aptasia X and a seringe for them. Good luck, once you get a technique down, you'll really enjoy it. Plus you have to embrace your dark side, and say fry sucker, fry!!!! An evil pleasure for sure.
 
It's here, It works if you can get it before it retracts into the rock (Which is hard) So I hate to say this but this was a bad purchase IMO. All the ones you can't get direct access to are not even possible to Zap because the Rod is not flexible and the Aptasia seem to sense this thing B4 you can touch them with the tip, Weird but true, Out of all that i tried to kill i may have gotten 2 the rest are back out again hacking me off!! Plus it gives off some kind of gas and you can only use it for a short period of time and it dropped my PH down to 7.9 from 8.25 in a few minutes.
I think we have been snookered on this buy!
Bill

I would suspect that the gas it's giving off is hydrogen and oxygen. I looks like it's doing the same thing as one of those increase your gas mileage gimmick's by creating hydrogen from water things. I would also think that it would be helping the spread, since the second you touch one they expel the needed things to reproduce in your tank.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top