Majestic Angel, Who's got one?

adtravels

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 15, 2014
Messages
412
Reaction score
411
Location
Thailand
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I just picked up a 2.5 inch specimen with almost full adult coloration. It is a shy fish as expected at this juncture but very beautiful. Does anyone else have one here or have experience with them. How was it for you? Mine has been at the LFS for weeks and eats pellets, flake and frozen, due to the size I may well have a winner here.
 
Great fish. Have had a few. Enjoy it.

How reef safe have yours been d-man? This is one of the fish that got me in to the hobby but my love for coral has kept me from keeping one thus far.
 
Among the least reef safe of the Pomacanthus Angels IME. Also a bit reclusive. Stunning fish though that takes well to aquarium foods. Probably best for a FOWLR.
 
Reclusive seems like a good shout, it also states that in my angels book (twolittlefishes). If you look at the mouth they seem to protrude a little more than other species, possibly suggesting a nipper! I will see, I have some zooanthids that are staring to take over!
 
I've had one for years now; my guy is out and about all the time, he's not what I'd call reclusive. He loves to cruise the rocks so open rockwork would be a plus, he is a very aggressive eater and doesn't seem to be overly picky. He hasn't shown any aggression, has a flagfin as the only other angel. He seems to grow ever so slowly. For me he has been the perfect angel.
 
IMG_7885.jpg
here it is out of hiding
 
Reclusive to a certain degree, but comparative to my other angels, it tends to be among the rocks more than the others.

Zoas will be dinner eventually, some LPS as well.

Otherwise, wonderful fish, not too aggressive, and will eat anything for the most part.
19c15826bcd049c4b70372e4e32bc416.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top