Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

  • I currently use the moonshiner method.

    Votes: 58 20.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

    Votes: 6 2.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

    Votes: 202 72.7%
  • Other.

    Votes: 12 4.3%

  • Total voters
    278
After that, I went to simpler strategies like testing, trying to keep Alk and Ca in line, 20% water changes every couple of weeks. I tried some additives every now and again for trace elements but couldn’t really keep a thriving reef.

Thanks for the info. I have to say that you make it sound like your trace element dosing was irregular, but now is regulated. Perhaps if you regularly used a mix like Tropic Marin A and K, it would have worked better without going all the way to ICP based dosing.
 
Thanks for the info. I have to say that you make it sound like your trace element dosing was irregular, but now is regulated. Perhaps if you regularly used a mix like Tropic Marin A and K, it would have worked better without going all the way to ICP based dosing.
Worked better??? Maybe so, but things are working so very well with Moonshiners. I am definitely going to keep at it as the results are fabulous and I am enjoying my view when I look at my reef. Like I said originally, it might not be for everyone but then, we all know that there are many ways to be successful in this hobby.
 
I just started the moonshiners method - my bottles are in the mail. I want to build a coral farm and some of my favorite farmers, shoutout to coralcollectors and thirstyreef, use the moonshiners method. Figured I would replicate what they are doing and hopefully replicate their success.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top