making better use of those rear corner sections

Update on these problem areas in the Nuvo 40? I have been having elevated nitrate/phos issues and so I cut holes in the sides of the black film and visually confirmed these areas are filled with detritus. I’m thinking about throwing a Nero 3 down there or some magnetically mounted powerhead.
 
I have recently been trying to figure out how to best use this area in my fusion 20. Not much room there, but I was able to fit about 1.5 pounds of Biohome Ultimate Marine in there. Figured filling it with media in a media bag would at best help with biological filtration of the aquarium and at worst slow down the detritus that would build up in the corners. Taking out the media bag a couple times a year to rinse off would also disturb any detritus that was able to work its way through the bags and media.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top