Male clownfish alone with anemone

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cari
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Cari

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2018
Messages
95
Reaction score
26
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will a male tomato clown from a mated pair become aggressive when female is gone? With the female there, she‘s the bully and coral destroyer. He is docile and hangs out with the anemone.

Thanks!
 
The relationship dictates that she is the boss. Remove the boss, one known bully is gone and the male may, in her absence switch from a sweet little man into a raving lunatic much worst that she is after all the years of abuse she has poured upon him.

Let me know how this works out if you remove her. I have a pair and I have been amazed at the size of rocks she can toss around the tank, making piles of corals she decides she doesn't want in her tank. I am thinking about moving them both out, to a fish tank where I don't care how much remodeling she does.
Cat GIF by happydog
 
If the male is left alone long enough, he may become female
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top