Male or Female Tang

It would help us if we knew which species of tang you're talking about. Some of them are near impossible to tell, others are relatively easy.
 
But not on all species. Other than that they aren't sexually dimorphic.

Some tangs like scopas have bristles at the base of the tail in males. I'm sure I've also read that their is a difference in eye colour but not sure if that's an old wives tale.
 
I am trying to find out the sex of my bristle nose tang ?
 
;)Really easy, if it shoots out sperms, it a he, if it squirts our eggs, it is a she.;)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top