Mangroves in the Fuge!

Something with a midday spectrum, and strong. Personally I would use something from the horticulture guys.

Thanks. I see you have a Radion XR15 lighting your mangroves. I was thinking of doing a kessil a150w amazon sun, but didn't know if it would be powerful enough.
 
Last edited:
Thanks. I see you have a Radion XR15 lighting your mangroves. I was thinking of doing a kessil 150w amazon sun, but didn't know if it would be powerful enough.
I originally had a horticulture 150w CF bulb lamp over the mangroves, same as I've used before, but this time I had so many other high powered lamps in that little room, including an HPS light over my cheato, that something had to give heat wise, so i figured I'd compromise with the mangroves and use that radion i had won in a raffle. :)
 
Oh cool. Makes sense.
 
Question on mangroves. I am starting a 36" tall 56g fuge. What is the best way to do mangroves for this

A seeds i plant and let grow till they get to the top

B ones that started leaveing them out and letting thwm grow down to the sand bed

C create a box halfway up the tank on one of the sides for them to grow in

Hope this thread still gets responses being old
 
I was lucky and had a fishroom behind the DT. I put them in a rubbermaid tote and piped it into the system. 8" miracle mud capped with 1.5" reef grade sand. I had LPS on the sandbed in between the trees where there was enough light and once the prop roots started forming I had a self collected Lined Seahorse in with them. Here they are now. 6 yrs old. the largest is about 26=27" tall with 9 branches. Trunk is about 1" They aren't connected to the system right now so I will probably move them out doors for the summer and let them get some real light.

 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top