Marine pure, hitch hiker risk?

kensomebody

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2019
Messages
38
Reaction score
33
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m upgrading from a biocube to a 120g. I’ve been running marine pure balls in the biocube for a year or so and was wondering how bad of a risk using them in the new tank would be. From a hitch hiker perspective. Biocube was my first tank so proper QT wasn’t a thing I really thought of, definitely has a lot of little critters in it but none that I know are causing much harm.....

On the new tank will be using dry rock and sand, microbacter7, and probably a bit of a long cycle.

Would you risk transferring the marine pure to speed the cycle?
 
I would too. It should definitely help jump start the cycle.
 
Algae spores travel in the air for thousands of miles, it’s virtually impossible to keep the micro out of our tanks. Unless you see something macro on it, or dealing with ich i see no worries.
 
If there’s Aiptasia or anything you definitely don’t want in the new tank, I wouldn’t risk it, but if you don’t have any issues like that, I say go for it.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top