Marine test kit by hanna is not it.

U cant calibrate this machine first. Only hanna can calibrate them. Second those electronic testing machines at the LFS are meant for pools, and not made for our hobby. And they are 99% inaccurate
Where do you live? I've never had a saltwater LFS use a test meant for pools...
 
I use distilled water to rinse the vial. Hanna told me not to rinse the vials with rodi, or the tanks water. So i use their hanna distilled brand
You dry them after rinsing with RO, right? Or rinse again a few times with tank water?

In any event, your tank probably swings by at least 1dkh over the course of a day - which is why you should always measure at the same time.

Also keep in mind the stated accuracy of the kits. The Hanna Alk is +/- 0.3dkH, but I've seen variation of 0.6dkh between batches of reagent.
 
Where do you live? I've never had a saltwater LFS use a test meant for pools...
I would be very surprised if the tests at a lfs are the same as used for pools. The parameters tested for a pool are completely different than an aquarium, other than alk and ph. I’ve not once cared what my nitrate, phosphate, calcium and mag were in my saltwater pool.
 
I would be very surprised if the tests at a lfs are the same as used for pools. The parameters tested for a pool are completely different than an aquarium, other than alk and ph. I’ve not once cared what my nitrate, phosphate, calcium and mag were in my saltwater pool.
its the API aqua spin thingy highly innaccurate
 
I would be very surprised if the tests at a lfs are the same as used for pools. The parameters tested for a pool are completely different than an aquarium, other than alk and ph. I’ve not once cared what my nitrate, phosphate, calcium and mag were in my saltwater pool.
Exactly.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top