Maroon clown fish looking a little beat up!

No they don’t move that fast. I’d start treating it with prazipro tomorrow. It’s easy. 2 doses 5-7 days apart. 25% water change before the second dose.
 
No they don’t move that fast. I’d start treating it with prazipro tomorrow. It’s easy. 2 doses 5-7 days apart. 25% water change before the second dose.
Ok I will definitely be getting some prazipro first thing in the morning!!! Thank you so much!!!! We shall see what happens overnight!!
 
I hope your learning a valuable lesson of QT.
I lose my very first two clown fish I bought from petco in one day. I went and bought another pair with a blue tang. Blue tang had what i believe was velvet and they all passed away. I was wreck. I wanted to tear everything down. Two month passed.
After that I settled down read tons of info online and set up QT system in my basement. Right now I have four tanks just for QT. I QT everything. I never want to feel like I did that day again.
Good luck on your reefing journey. Take it slow. Patience in this hobby pays of. Literally.

Am not trying to burn you. Just sharing my heart aches and how I prevented future ones.
 
should i re-dip the tang because i dipped him so long ago that the flukes may be already back on him??

I would put the PBT thru another treatment of PraziPro. This medication is generally not rough on fish like copper treatments. I am very sorry for your loss but use this as a learning experience like I did. I put a Powder Brown tang in my tank (2 years ago) and I did not know anything about QT. I did not know fish could even get sick. I did not have the wisdom of a community like this one behind me. I purchased the Tang on a Friday my power went out for a couple hours he freaked out caught ICH and I did not know what to do. I left him in the tank by Sunday everything else had ich in my tank. The Powder Brown tang Died along with everything else. That was a very tragic moment for me. I often say The Powder Brown Tang came in and messed up our happy home lol. In reality it was because I did not QT. I had got lucky with the fish I put in at the beginning which were like 4 Blue damsels and two clowns but in the end Lost everything. I was so in a rush but ended up having to let that tank sit fallow for a few months and start over. I know QT sucks because we want those beautiful fish in our DT but I now see it as protecting my investment. I hope you never have to experience this again. No one should have to ever experience a loss but we do. Keep your head up and continue to enjoy the journey. You and your Fish will pull thru this since you are on the right road. You have a community here that offers expertise like no other.
 
I would put the PBT thru another treatment of PraziPro. This medication is generally not rough on fish like copper treatments. I am very sorry for your loss but use this as a learning experience like I did. I put a Powder Brown tang in my tank (2 years ago) and I did not know anything about QT. I did not know fish could even get sick. I did not have the wisdom of a community like this one behind me. I purchased the Tang on a Friday my power went out for a couple hours he freaked out caught ICH and I did not know what to do. I left him in the tank by Sunday everything else had ich in my tank. The Powder Brown tang Died along with everything else. That was a very tragic moment for me. I often say The Powder Brown Tang came in and messed up our happy home lol. In reality it was because I did not QT. I had got lucky with the fish I put in at the beginning which were like 4 Blue damsels and two clowns but in the end Lost everything. I was so in a rush but ended up having to let that tank sit fallow for a few months and start over. I know QT sucks because we want those beautiful fish in our DT but I now see it as protecting my investment. I hope you never have to experience this again. No one should have to ever experience a loss but we do. Keep your head up and continue to enjoy the journey. You and your Fish will pull thru this since you are on the right road. You have a community here that offers expertise like no other.
Yes, I literally just about took a bat to the tank yesterday lol;). I always think I am more prepared for that kind of stuff than I actually am!! I am glad that I found this community when I did and I have definitely learned a lot from this tragic experience. No matter how hard you try, patience is always going to win... That being said, I will be leaving the tank ALONE for at least a month and will be getting a skimmer, UV sterilizer, and a refugium and will start getting corals going. I wanted to start with corals but then found all of these fish that were on sale and beautiful which led to overstocking the tank and everything dying:( That won't happen again!! I really want to do a predator tank now though. I have tried the community but havent enjoyed it as much as I had hoped so maybe a lionfish and puffer can help me get excited about saltwater tanks again!! Thanks for all the support!! Today, the tang is doing I would say "fine". He is hiding a lot behind the one thing in the qt tank. Lets hope he makes it through this!! He is the lone survivor sadly:(
 
I hope your learning a valuable lesson of QT.
I lose my very first two clown fish I bought from petco in one day. I went and bought another pair with a blue tang. Blue tang had what i believe was velvet and they all passed away. I was wreck. I wanted to tear everything down. Two month passed.
After that I settled down read tons of info online and set up QT system in my basement. Right now I have four tanks just for QT. I QT everything. I never want to feel like I did that day again.
Good luck on your reefing journey. Take it slow. Patience in this hobby pays of. Literally.

Am not trying to burn you. Just sharing my heart aches and how I prevented future ones.
Yes I have!!! I will definitely be qt all of my future fish!! I completely understand where you are coming from lol:) In fact, we all need a little slap in the face sometimes to bring us to realize things. Sadly, I had to learn the hard way, but hopefully will never have to again!!
 
Yes, I literally just about took a bat to the tank yesterday lol;). I always think I am more prepared for that kind of stuff than I actually am!! I am glad that I found this community when I did and I have definitely learned a lot from this tragic experience. No matter how hard you try, patience is always going to win... That being said, I will be leaving the tank ALONE for at least a month and will be getting a skimmer, UV sterilizer, and a refugium and will start getting corals going. I wanted to start with corals but then found all of these fish that were on sale and beautiful which led to overstocking the tank and everything dying:( That won't happen again!! I really want to do a predator tank now though. I have tried the community but havent enjoyed it as much as I had hoped so maybe a lionfish and puffer can help me get excited about saltwater tanks again!! Thanks for all the support!! Today, the tang is doing I would say "fine". He is hiding a lot behind the one thing in the qt tank. Lets hope he makes it through this!! He is the lone survivor sadly:(

The good thing is that a predator tank most of those fish won't eat coral but they will eat your inverts lol. Lion fish will eat anything he can fit in his mouth including other fish. The Powder Blue is a resilient fish. I am glad you are not letting this one mishap detour you. I guarantee there will be someone else with your same issue and you will be able to lend your expertise and experience. Sometime we learn the hard way but at least we learn. I want a Powder Blue Tang but I am scared to get one.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top