Maxspect Gyre Cracked motor housings?

rolyguy7

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 8, 2011
Messages
198
Reaction score
150
Location
Orlando FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who else???

I have 2 Maxspect Gyre pumps. Both have had their motor pump housings crack over time. Maxspect won’t warranty these defective pumps for nothing. Their support won’t acknowledge the issue. They just give you a generic response saying they’ll give you 10% off the purchase of a replacement motor. This is ridiculous. Anyone else experiencing this?

F9F06889-18EF-4E95-AD41-18B6F4CBA43C.jpeg 70EDEA69-F689-489C-80CE-F4EE2810B7A9.jpeg AD588239-4C60-4800-8B76-B77A63BB34F9.jpeg
 
Have you been soaking these in vinegar to clean them?

Maxspect is on the same level as Jaebo, just triple the price.
 
Have you been soaking these in vinegar to clean them?

Maxspect is on the same level as Jaebo, just triple the price.

I clean them like any of my other pumps and other reef equipment, 1/3 part vinegar mixed with 2/3 part water. I have 10 year old Tunze flow pumps that still work today. Never have had an issue with pumps due to cleaning.

As a matter a fact, the 10 year old tunze’s are still using original impellers.
 
Who else???

I have 2 Maxspect Gyre pumps. Both have had their motor pump housings crack over time. Maxspect won’t warranty these defective pumps for nothing. Their support won’t acknowledge the issue. They just give you a generic response saying they’ll give you 10% off the purchase of a replacement motor. This is ridiculous. Anyone else experiencing this?

F9F06889-18EF-4E95-AD41-18B6F4CBA43C.jpeg 70EDEA69-F689-489C-80CE-F4EE2810B7A9.jpeg AD588239-4C60-4800-8B76-B77A63BB34F9.jpeg
Mine did the same thing. I just bought a replacement motor.
 
Mine did the same thing. I just bought a replacement motor.

Seems to me this is a known defect. A known defect they refuse to acknowledge. Yet they won’t do anything about it but offer you 10% off a replacement.
 
Check out their most recent reply. Just got this email a few minutes ago.

These pumps are 3-4 years old. I’ve been in this hobby 25+ years. I’ve never seen pumps crack like this. Only these two Maxspect gyres.

Check out the bs reply they gave me again

F3FF82DF-1CDD-4083-8031-04246AD07811.jpeg
 
Who else???

I have 2 Maxspect Gyre pumps. Both have had their motor pump housings crack over time. Maxspect won’t warranty these defective pumps for nothing. Their support won’t acknowledge the issue. They just give you a generic response saying they’ll give you 10% off the purchase of a replacement motor. This is ridiculous. Anyone else experiencing this?

F9F06889-18EF-4E95-AD41-18B6F4CBA43C.jpeg 70EDEA69-F689-489C-80CE-F4EE2810B7A9.jpeg AD588239-4C60-4800-8B76-B77A63BB34F9.jpeg
This is the only good thing about California if you live in California anyone who sells products in California dread dealing with consumer affair as regard to warranties. I have three Coral View gyre pumps, within warranty they have gone out and they don't even blink , as long as you have the receipt, product is still in warranty , they want copy of receipt your name address and the serial number of the product that's it , no other questions asked.
 
This is the only good thing about California if you live in California anyone who sells products in California dread dealing with consumer affair as regard to warranties. I have three Coral View gyre pumps, within warranty they have gone out and they don't even blink , as long as you have the receipt, product is still in warranty , they want copy of receipt your name address and the serial number of the product that's it , no other questions asked.

Aparently Maxspect expects to make you a continued customer by having you purchase a new motor for your pumps very 3 years. They only warrant these pumps for 1 year.
 
My xf150 has been going on the same motor block for almost four years at this point, it did have a faulty one in the first place though (warranty). My XF230's are coming up on two years with zero issues.

I don't clean any of my pumps with vinegar though, just under the tap with a good scrub. I'm convinced vinegar is what's killing these various pump housings that have magnets in them, with certain plastics.
 
I wonder if the plastics used by the Chinese manufacturers are more susceptible to failure due to vinegar absorption
 
I believe this is them being cheap with sealing the motors appropriately. Look at Tunze. Pumps have been running for decades and no signs of rust. That is the customer service I have come to expect from that particular csr
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top