Maxspect Razor for 6’ 180 gal

TreyC2010

But baby, the fish need it....
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2015
Messages
807
Reaction score
551
Location
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m starting from the beginning and I have two R420r units from previous tanks. I’m just looking to see if you guys believe I can make a good lps/some sps tank long term or do I need to plan on buying other lights? I like LED for cost effectiveness.

Edit: 120W 16000K
 
Last edited:
I think these would be adequate for a 6' tank, although the coverage for the ends would be poor, but that's not a bad thing. Keeping corals with low or zero light requirements at these ends would be the way to go.

They are good enough to keep SPS in direct light and certainly LPS, so I would definitely give them a go.

Are you suspending them via wires or something similar?
 
I have the connector kit to make them one unit or I can hang them. I will be starting my new home soon and this tank will be “in the wall”.
 
I think 2 120w units won't be enough. They only have two clusters each and if you connect them with the joining kit there's a big space between the two clusters of leds. I had one 120w and one of the bigger 160w units above a 6 foot tank and even that was nowhere near enough. Changed to 4 Kessil's instead. Heres a pick of one 120w and one 160w over my 6 footer. Connected with joining bars.

cf396f599592c0f147dbae823820f44f.jpg
 
4 A160we Tuna Blues. I'll get a pic of the coverage later when i get home. As someone who loved his Razors on previous tanks I have to say these Kessil's are a step up.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top