Maxspect Razor X R5 300, where's the love.

  • Thread starter Thread starter RevMH
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

RevMH

Happy Reefer
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2019
Messages
1,231
Reaction score
1,328
Location
Carson City, NV
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running the Maxspect Razor X R5 300 on my 75 mixed/SPS dominant for about a year now and I'm liking the results so far. I modified the chassis (chassis feels like an inappropriate description) a bit to house four T5s and added some diffuser sheets to even out the hot spots and spectrum. So far, it's looking great.

Current settings:
Channel 1: 45
Channel 2: 94
Channel 3: 100
Channel 4: 52


T5s:
ATI Blue+
ATI Blue+
Geisemann Super Actinic
ATI Blue+

Anyone else use this older and under-rated light (we have a few threads out there)? What are your settings, how do you like it, and have you modified it at all?

I appreciate the feedback.
 
Last edited:
I've been running the Maxspect Razor X R5 300 on my 75 mixed/SPS dominant for about a year now and I'm liking the results so far. I modified the chassis (chassis feels like an inappropriate description) a bit to house four T5s and added some diffuser sheets to even out the hot spots and spectrum. So far, it's looking great.

Current settings:
Channel 1: 50
Channel 2: 100
Channel 3: 100
Channel 4: 50


T5s:
ATI Blue+
ATI Blue+
Geisemann Super Actinic
ATI Blue+

Anyone else use this older and under-rated light (we have a few threads out there)? What are your settings, how do you like it, and have you modified it at all?

I appreciate the feedback.
Replying to my own post is pretty lame, but I forgot PAR measurements. I'm sitting at 330ish near the top of the rocks, 75 - 200 near the bottom, depending on over hangs and angle. This was measured using Seneye, which has its pros and cons.
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top