Meet Bellactis Lux, the lightbulb anemone!

IMG_3516.JPG

Just a baby lightbulb! An easy snack for peppermint shrimp.
 
I don't have a yellow one, but one has a yellowish mouth. Over a year in this tank and will move to a spot of choice. Mine have a second skirt with large rim and small under tentacles. They get a food pellet now and then. Glad they are labeled and not nuked as aptaisia in the tanks that get rock from the gulf.
20240318_135746.jpg
20240318_135707.jpg
 
I don't have a yellow one, but one has a yellowish mouth. Over a year in this tank and will move to a spot of choice. Mine have a second skirt with large rim and small under tentacles. They get a food pellet now and then. Glad they are labeled and not nuked as aptaisia in the tanks that get rock from the gulf.
20240318_135746.jpg
20240318_135707.jpg
Pretty!
Thanks for sharing.
 
Anyone know what eats these things? My TBS rock came with a few, now 9 months later they’ve formed a small army. Sure are behaving awfully pest-like for me.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0274.jpeg
    IMG_0274.jpeg
    249.1 KB · Views: 57
Anyone know what eats these things? My TBS rock came with a few, now 9 months later they’ve formed a small army. Sure are behaving awfully pest-like for me.
Peppermints, Copperbands or pry out with screw driver.
 
Peppermints, Copperbands or pry out with screw driver.
I added Berghias about a month ago, haven't noticed any of the large ones disappearing but maybe they're still ramping up? Do they eat these the same with aiptasia?
 
I added Berghias about a month ago, haven't noticed any of the large ones disappearing but maybe they're still ramping up? Do they eat these the same with aiptasia?
I do not know if Berghias eat Bellactis.

Forgot to mention that Pilumnus sayi aka gorilla crabs will eat Bellactis Lux.

IMG_2762.jpg
 
I think I might have one of these guys growing in my tank and was wondering what it was
I was snorkeling at Navarre Beach a few days ago, picked up a piece of debris in between the first and second sand bar drifting along the bottom, it was a sponge, decided to take it home and put it in my locals tank,
Immediately 5! Light bulb anemones started to open.
Largest is about 2 inches in diameter.
I think they are wrong about no asexual reproduction,
There's a few little ones, 1/4 inch diameter around the base of the largest one.
 
I was snorkeling at Navarre Beach a few days ago, picked up a piece of debris in between the first and second sand bar drifting along the bottom, it was a sponge, decided to take it home and put it in my locals tank,
Immediately 5! Light bulb anemones started to open.
Largest is about 2 inches in diameter.
I think they are wrong about no asexual reproduction,
There's a few little ones, 1/4 inch diameter around the base of the largest one.
How are the lightbulbs doing? Could you share a photo?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top