Melanurus wrasse with no sand for a few months?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CMO
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2017
Messages
1,685
Reaction score
1,830
Location
Nevada City
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's looking like i'm going to have to remove my sand to fight an amphidinium dino outbreak . Will my melanurus wrasse be okay for a few months without sand? I plan to put the sand back in once dinos are controlled but it would probably be a few months. Thanks
 
I’ve had to do something similar. If you can throw a few pieces of rock in there pushed up together for him to wedge in between, he’ll sleep like that until his sand comes back. You can even cut the top off a plastic water jug and fill it with some pieces of fist-sized rocks; he’ll enter the jug and sleep in there among the rocks.
 
I have a Tupperware container for a melanarus I got 3 weeks ago.

This is my frag tank that is bare bottom.

The melanarus does not go into the sand but instead sleeps under the frag rack.
 
Thanks all. Sounds like I'll be able to manage.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top