Meredith's 180 In-wall happy place

The reason I ask is that your cycle may not have stalled but you may have a bit of a bacteria unbalance. If you have a large population of Nitrospira bacteria you could be converting enough ammonia directly to nitrate and because of that have an under developed population of bacteria to convert nitrite to nitrate.

That's what I was worried about (thinking of your article) and why I used 3 different bacteria in a bottle products. Ones that I heard had different types in them. Right now, it feels like it's right at the cusp of being done. Remember the nitrite was at 2ppm for a couple weeks and after using the Fritz stuff it went down to .25ppm so something got kick started.
 
That's what I was worried about (thinking of your article) and why I used 3 different bacteria in a bottle products. Ones that I heard had different types in them. Right now, it feels like it's right at the cusp of being done. Remember the nitrite was at 2ppm for a couple weeks and after using the Fritz stuff it went down to .25ppm so something got kick started.
I'm thinking you are good.
In fact, more ammonia will probably help drive your nitrites down faster.
 
I'm thinking you are good.
In fact, more ammonia will probably help drive your nitrites down faster.

Now, that's what I like to hear! Reasons to do what I want to do! lol Thanks
 
Now, that's what I like to hear! Reasons to do what I want to do! lol Thanks
Glad to help!

Just don't call mine an unbiased opinion, I'm excited for you to get fish in your tank, too!
 
Glad to help!

Just don't call mine an unbiased opinion, I'm excited for you to get fish in your tank, too!

Yeah. I'll have to see how it goes. I might not even be able to catch the darn clowns today, so it may be put off until after Christmas anyway. As soon as it happens, though there will be pictures!
 
Yeah. I'll have to see how it goes. I might not even be able to catch the darn clowns today, so it may be put off until after Christmas anyway. As soon as it happens, though there will be pictures!
It might also make more of a distraction than you need tomorrow.. you have a busy day! It's probably better to move them on a day you have more time to watch them.
 
It might also make more of a distraction than you need tomorrow.. you have a busy day! It's probably better to move them on a day you have more time to watch them.
Too true!
Looking good! I am looking forward to see this tank progress and start filling up with livestock
Me too!
 
When my 180 was cycling I put ammonia in each day at the end and every morning was at zero.
Right now I've only got a mandarin and having to ghost feed every other night and add kn03 every other night just to have a bioload and keep corals happy
 
OK! I did it!!! Of course, we had an incident along the way. The female jumped out of the little container I was transferring them in. I set a towel over it so they wouldn't jump and her dumb self managed to do it anyway. Landed on the floor. I got her up and into the container again, acclimated a little, then into the tank they went. She's got some excess mucus coming off of the place on her side that hit the floor. I hope she will be ok. I have pictures.

they look so tiny compared to the tank. They are both quite large....almost full grown.
15741299_1661837957175040_2333021370844737227_n.jpg


If you look on her side there, under the middle bar you'll see the mucus gathered there and stringing off. I believe this is the area that came into contact wtih the floor and this is her body's reaction to the trauma. I hope she gets better quickly.
15740962_1661837977175038_8874467754132559581_n.jpg

15726221_1661838003841702_3597267979394070526_n.jpg
 
Very cool!

I think so too! thanks!
It should be fine as long as it's swimming normal and eating.

I'll feed them tomorrow and see. I turned the lights out for now. She's swimming fine but looks pretty cruddy right now - which is to be expected considering she fell 4 feet to the concrete floor. It's a high flow tank and they trying to find the lowest flow portion of it, so.... so far so good..... I think... hope. Ugh....
 
I've had some in the past jump like that. All made it just fine. Being black just shows the ruffled scales more.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top