Meredith's 180 In-wall happy place

I've had some in the past jump like that. All made it just fine. Being black just shows the ruffled scales more.

You're right. I've had it happen many times as well at the store and they mostly did fine. I get more nervous about it when they are my fish. I appreciate you talking me down a little though!! It's always appreciated!
 
Oh, kiddo I've been enjoying this hobby for years with it ups and downs. Every day is a new adventure and wouldn't change a thing. I'm 54 now, just had my birthday yesterday and I'm thankful for all that god has done for me. (And thankful my wife lets me have my hobby and supports me)

Feed your clowns some meaty foods to fill their bellies tomorrow. I personally like rods.

Once again, Merry Christmas!
 
Oh, kiddo I've been enjoying this hobby for years with it ups and downs. Every day is a new adventure and wouldn't change a thing. I'm 54 now, just had my birthday yesterday and I'm thankful for all that god has done for me. (And thankful my wife lets me have my hobby and supports me)

Feed your clowns some meaty foods to fill their bellies tomorrow. I personally like rods.

Once again, Merry Christmas!

Thanks. Merry Christmas to you too. 10 years in this hobby and I still feel like a noob sometimes. ;)
 
The reason I ask is that your cycle may not have stalled but you may have a bit of a bacteria unbalance. If you have a large population of Nitrospira bacteria you could be converting enough ammonia directly to nitrate and because of that have an under developed population of bacteria to convert nitrite to nitrate.
This is exactly what is happening with my tank....nitrite have been on a halt....around .5 ppm as well....I couldn't do it and added the clown fish pair I have to the tank...but I did add prime...but for the last like week nitrites haven't gone down.
 
This is exactly what is happening with my tank....nitrite have been on a halt....around .5 ppm as well....I couldn't do it and added the clown fish pair I have to the tank...but I did add prime...but for the last like week nitrites haven't gone down.
imo the key to telling if your cycle has stalled or is just unbalanced it nitrates. If your nitrates are going up your cycle hasn't stalled.
 
I tested the water today and it was zero across the board! I probably could have left the nitrates to sit a bit longer, but the ammonia and nitrite were down to nothing! I'm going to start moving some things over from the 75 tomorrow. At least one fish, some rocks and maybe a coral or two. I'm sooo tempted to take everything and move it over in one day, but scared of over doing it in my haste. Doesn't matter how long you have done this, how long in the hobby, everybody battles with patience !!

Also, I need to move over the apex and the rest of the lights but I can't do that until the corals are all moved over. It seems like it would be best to just move all the corals over along with the apex and lights. Thoughts on moving the corals now? I won't be able to catch most of the rest of the fish without getting the corals and rocks out anyway, so that's part of the decision as well.
 
I tested the water today and it was zero across the board! I probably could have left the nitrates to sit a bit longer, but the ammonia and nitrite were down to nothing! I'm going to start moving some things over from the 75 tomorrow. At least one fish, some rocks and maybe a coral or two. I'm sooo tempted to take everything and move it over in one day, but scared of over doing it in my haste. Doesn't matter how long you have done this, how long in the hobby, everybody battles with patience !!

Also, I need to move over the apex and the rest of the lights but I can't do that until the corals are all moved over. It seems like it would be best to just move all the corals over along with the apex and lights. Thoughts on moving the corals now? I won't be able to catch most of the rest of the fish without getting the corals and rocks out anyway, so that's part of the decision as well.
.............i have been away from this thread and reef2reef a bit.
How are things?
 
.............i have been away from this thread and reef2reef a bit.
How are things?

Pretty great! Just a couple tough decisions to make here. I still need to finish off the plumbing for the water change station - or more accurately start the plumbing for it. I really want that done and soon. I gotta move everything over to the big tank, frag some stuff for friends, attempt to not transfer any aptasia over, get the cabinets installed in the fish room and set up QT's for the new fish I want. You know, just a walk in the park! ;)
 
Wish mine would drop

It will! I did a lot of things to get mine down (live rock from the 75, 3 different bacteria in a bottle products spaced out, raw shrimp, fish food and then actual fish) and really it was cycling for a month- or at least three weeks.
 
Pretty great! Just a couple tough decisions to make here. I still need to finish off the plumbing for the water change station - or more accurately start the plumbing for it. I really want that done and soon. I gotta move everything over to the big tank, frag some stuff for friends, attempt to not transfer any aptasia over, get the cabinets installed in the fish room and set up QT's for the new fish I want. You know, just a walk in the park! ;)
Oh yeah we all know it's a walk in the park[emoji12]
 
It will! I did a lot of things to get mine down (live rock from the 75, 3 different bacteria in a bottle products spaced out, raw shrimp, fish food and then actual fish) and really it was cycling for a month- or at least three weeks.
I don't have most of those options right now
 
So much for patience....

As you can see the right hand light isn't wanting to turn on it's blues. I have no clue why. I'll be working on that this evening. Everybody else is in the tank though. I'm thinking of removing that birdsnest because it looks kinda janky. Aside from a few pieces of rock (left side) I'm really happy with how the rockwork ended up.
15781490_1673656955993140_5541945597694037713_n.jpg


The purple tang is hiding dead center of this pic. The leopard wrasse was incredibly easy to catch. She wasn't scared of the net at all. Of course, she was so embarrassed by being caught that easy that she hid in the sand about 30 seconds after going in the tank.:rolleyes:
15741215_1673657005993135_8890620957577987883_n.jpg

15726431_1673657025993133_1161736723952242425_n.jpg


Yellow eye kole tang and the tail of the black cap basslet.
15822852_1673657045993131_9167108920924114863_n.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top