Meredith's 180 In-wall happy place

I'm just popping in before work to say that my happy place is all WET!

I left the RODI running all night and flooded, not only the fish room but the living room as well! Dangit. I also have a few flaws in my mixing station design that I have to work out. OH and the pump for it doesn't work anymore. :( So, I gotta get a new one.
 
I'm just popping in before work to say that my happy place is all WET!

I left the RODI running all night and flooded, not only the fish room but the living room as well! Dangit. I also have a few flaws in my mixing station design that I have to work out. OH and the pump for it doesn't work anymore. :( So, I gotta get a new one.

Brutal sorry to hear you flooded the place. Been there and done that like 3 times now and told myself I will never allow that to happen again, cause it seems to happen at the worst time possible. So I only run the ro unit when I am at home and awake unless the 150 gallon resivour is empty or close to empty then I will let it run over night when I'm sleeping. Good luck with the cleanup and great start with the 180.
 
Sorry to hear about the flood. I had just finished admiring your work. Keep it up and it looks incredible so far. Clean up time and hope these no major damage.
 
I'm just popping in before work to say that my happy place is all WET!

I left the RODI running all night and flooded, not only the fish room but the living room as well! Dangit. I also have a few flaws in my mixing station design that I have to work out. OH and the pump for it doesn't work anymore. :( So, I gotta get a new one.

Oh no! So sorry to hear this and hope the cleanup isn't too bad.
 
I'm just popping in before work to say that my happy place is all WET!

I left the RODI running all night and flooded, not only the fish room but the living room as well! Dangit. I also have a few flaws in my mixing station design that I have to work out. OH and the pump for it doesn't work anymore. :( So, I gotta get a new one.
Oh no!!!! I hope you get it cleaned up without too much damage!
 
Brutal sorry to hear you flooded the place. Been there and done that like 3 times now and told myself I will never allow that to happen again, cause it seems to happen at the worst time possible. So I only run the ro unit when I am at home and awake unless the 150 gallon resivour is empty or close to empty then I will let it run over night when I'm sleeping. Good luck with the cleanup and great start with the 180.
Yup, totally forgot that I turned it on! I usually tell my husband so that he will at least check it or ask me if I turned it off. Dangit.
Thanks for the complement.
Ouch, that sucks. I hope no real damage was done to your home. Tank is coming along nicely.
No major damage so far. The fish room is still pretty damp considering the humidity in there, but it's ok. Just a lot of wasted water and time. Oh and thanks!
Sorry to hear about the flood. I had just finished admiring your work. Keep it up and it looks incredible so far. Clean up time and hope these no major damage.
Thank you. So far, no real damage done.
Oh no! So sorry to hear this and hope the cleanup isn't too bad.
It's not too bad so far :)
Oh no!!!! I hope you get it cleaned up without too much damage!
I'm about to finish up working on that.
Oh my...........sorry to hear that.
Thank you.
I have a dirty mind so I'm just going to leave that one alone! :eek:
HAHA!!! :D
 
Well that sucks! Done it myself a few times.

Hope all gets cleaned and no damage done.

Yup. I"ve done it a hundred times, but before I had the RODI container sitting on my washing machine so when it overflowed it did so into the machine and out of the house. This time I really have to be on the ball.
 
This looks like a fun build, tagging along. The RODI overflow - yeah I was lucky the MANY times I did it - always a harmless area. Now I finally have a proper RODI/mixing station set up with a float valve cut off when the RODI tank is full. Oh AND an emergency overflow drain a little higher than the float valve, just in case.
 
Oh AND an emergency overflow drain a little higher than the float valve, just in case.

OK!! That's a pretty great idea! Where were you when I was putting this together? lol I do plan on working on this today some. I have a friend with another pump that he isn't using, so hopefully it will work well for my setup. I do have a float valve that I should set up pretty darn quick instead of letting it collect dust!
 
FWW: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/finally-going-big-120g.211632/#post-2737260
I was making RO last night actually and completely forgot about it. Full tank in the morning and no worries.

Nice set up and really nice build! I'll have to look through it more later for sure.

This was my first attempt at a mixing station and I made some head-way into fixing the issues I ran into. I'll be installing a float valve (which I already have) and making sure my husband knows the water is running so he can make sure I don't forget.
 
Well, like I said I've managed to get some work done to improve the mixing station. Unfortunately I made some dumb mistakes when putting it together. You'll see the ball valves that I added in these pictures (red handles) and the unions? so that the whole thing can be taken apart without draining it. The valve on the top there was a BIG one that I just didn't think of. Without it, I can't get RODI water from the spigot there without it also going into the salt mixing bin. THAT was dumb! That problem is fixed and I need to get up there and put the float valve in place.
16142883_1717230134969155_1397431938780914154_n.jpg

16265719_1717230158302486_3082216119585144547_n.jpg


I'm going to get the new pump tomorrow at work so that's next. Hopefully this time everything works and I don't have to do this all again. Cutting and gluing pvc isn't what I would call fun. :rolleyes:
 
I used to flood the house regularly. Now I have float valves on everything the RO goes to as well as valves to shut it off. I treat the float valves as backups for my brain that forgets to pay attention. I don't rely on them long term.
 
I used to flood the house regularly. Now I have float valves on everything the RO goes to as well as valves to shut it off. I treat the float valves as backups for my brain that forgets to pay attention. I don't rely on them long term.

Yup. Before I would overflow all the time, but that was a 5 gallon jug sitting on top of my washing machine. Not much of a problem so I got lax and comfortable. I have a shut off valve for the whole system and the float valve will go in before I turn the machine back on. Until then I have about 25 gallons of water made, so I'm solid for a while. :)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top