Meredith's 180 In-wall happy place

Sample picture?

That was text left over from another article I'm writing. It's a how-to about posting on the site ect ect. I was writing things and taking screen shots for the article. Must have forgotten about it.
 
That was text left over from another article I'm writing. It's a how-to about posting on the site ect ect. I was writing things and taking screen shots for the article. Must have forgotten about it.
You should definitely get a mccoskers flasher wrasse....did I spell that right??
Either way......get one! They look awesome.
 
You should definitely get a mccoskers flasher wrasse....did I spell that right??
Either way......get one! They look awesome.

They are pretty cool! It's on the list of possibles. I had another thought that this first batch could be anthias! OH boy, I"m in trouble. lol
 
They are pretty cool! It's on the list of possibles. I had another thought that this first batch could be anthias! OH boy, I"m in trouble. lol
Anthias do look good.
What's your take on the small fish idea? You have the perfect tank for it and maybe two large fish to fill in the gap.
 
Anthias do look good.
What's your take on the small fish idea? You have the perfect tank for it and maybe two large fish to fill in the gap.

I love the idea. The plan is for many small fish and a couple big ones. I do want an achiles tang for sure. It's the whole reason I built this system. I might break down and get another tang as well, but lots of small fish to fill it in for sure.
 
I love the idea. The plan is for many small fish and a couple big ones. I do want an achiles tang for sure. It's the whole reason I built this system. I might break down and get another tang as well, but lots of small fish to fill it in for sure.
Achilles tang would be awesome!
I want one of those so badly, great looking fish.
Cameron approved.
 
I love the idea. The plan is for many small fish and a couple big ones. I do want an achiles tang for sure. It's the whole reason I built this system. I might break down and get another tang as well, but lots of small fish to fill it in for sure.
At least you've got the experience it should have a good home.
 
[QUOTE="melypr1985, post: 3451156, member:
mixing station -mid build.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Hi @melypr1985: where did you find these water containers ? I'm trying to figure out how and where I can set up a station like this in a small closet I have where I can stack them on top of each other just like this. I have very little space left in my home to put a station, so I'm trying to see if I can make use of a small closet I have off the hallway. I need to get a RO/DI System up and running and start making my own water because I'm spending a ton of money each month buying water for my 75 and 90 gallon tanks. Also, what size containers are those ?
 
Last edited:
Hi @melypr1985: where did you find these water containers ? I'm trying to figure out how and where I can set up a station like this in a small closet I have where I can stack them on top of each other just like this. I have very little space left in my home to put a station, so I'm trying to see if I can make use of a small closet I have off the hallway. I need to get a RO/DI System up and running and start making my own water because I'm spending a ton of money each month buying water for my 75 and 90 gallon tanks. Also, what size containers are those ?


A set up like that is so much easier but it isn't necessary. If you get a RODI filter set you can still make your own water. I picked up some 5 gallon Lowes buckets with lids. I make water using my deep sink in the laundry room and when the bucket is full it gets moved to the garage.
More labor intensive than what Mel does, but still cost effective in your situation.
 
[QUOTE="melypr1985, post: 3451156, member:
mixing station -mid build.jpg


Hi @melypr1985: where did you find these water containers ? I'm trying to figure out how and where I can set up a station like this in a small closet I have where I can stack them on top of each other just like this. I have very little space left in my home to put a station, so I'm trying to see if I can make use of a small closet I have off the hallway. I need to get a RO/DI System up and running and start making my own water because I'm spending a ton of money each month buying water for my 75 and 90 gallon tanks. Also, what size containers are those ?

Hi! Brew has a point for sure, but to answer your question, I got those at a local place called Tractor Supply. They are 35 gallon containers and were $79 a piece. I did it this way because I'm the main caretaker of my tank and I was very tired of lugging heavy jugs and buckets around. It was a priority for me to be able to just use a hose to fill the tank or a bucket or whatever needs filling. I use the same hose to drain water out of the display straight out the window in the cleanout outside. It's easy for me.
 
so jealous that you're able to set this up! Can't wait till my kids move out and I plan on doing something like that too. My wife doesn't approve right now and my children are 4 and 2....so that gives me plenty of time to plan/prepare.
 
Hi! Brew has a point for sure, but to answer your question, I got those at a local place called Tractor Supply. They are 35 gallon containers and were $79 a piece. I did it this way because I'm the main caretaker of my tank and I was very tired of lugging heavy jugs and buckets around. It was a priority for me to be able to just use a hose to fill the tank or a bucket or whatever needs filling. I use the same hose to drain water out of the display straight out the window in the cleanout outside. It's easy for me.
I have serious tank/fish room envy. I'm stuck hauling buckets. :(
 
so jealous that you're able to set this up! Can't wait till my kids move out and I plan on doing something like that too. My wife doesn't approve right now and my children are 4 and 2....so that gives me plenty of time to plan/prepare.
Thank you! My son is 4, so I understand completely. I basically turned my 3 bedroom house into a 2 bedroom/1 fishroom house. I think we are staying here for a long while. lol
 
Thank you! My son is 4, so I understand completely. I basically turned my 3 bedroom house into a 2 bedroom/1 fishroom house. I think we are staying here for a long while. lol
When I designed our house I made it so that no bedrooms shared a common wall with any other bedroom or with a common living area. :confused:

Great for privacy, but there is no way I could create a fish room. And to think, I used to be proud of how I had the house designed! :p
 
When I designed our house I made it so that no bedrooms shared a common wall with any other bedroom or with a common living area. :confused:

Great for privacy, but there is no way I could create a fish room. And to think, I used to be proud of how I had the house designed! :p

Man! I would kill to not be able to hear the toilet flush in the hallway. I can hear everything in my house from my bed. I know exactly when my son wakes up every morning. It's a small house :) Maybe some day, when we grow up, we'll have a grown-up house like yours ;)
 
New fish!!

I had ordered a lubbocks wrasse and diamond goby, but alas.... it was not to be. So, instead I brought home 5 anthias! All are female. I picked them up right when they got to the store, floated for temp, check their salinity which was 1.015 (unusual for this shipper), and put them in. I used a net and bucket. I pour the fish into the net over the bucket and put just the fish in the QT. I will be running TTM, but I'm ready with antibiotics because these guys often come down with infections. Knock on wood that I didn't jinx myself by posting pictures of them on their first day.
17203007_1780903775268457_1247120664702576885_n.jpg

17202776_1780903835268451_7048796949057645471_n.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top