Thanks!! Most of the new batch are doing very well so far. (knocks on wood)
Thank you! Me too!
No, it doesn't look anything like the bryopsis I've seen in the past. It's more like a very thick hair algae. It grows at a phenominal rate, is very slimy and snotty, no bubbles or anything that leads me to think it would be dinos. The 200 hermits I added do make a dent eating it, but apparently they aren't staying on the rocks all the time.
I've tried:
Flucanazole
GFO in a reactor
Nitrates and phosphates read zero, though I just bought new test kits to be sure of that. Testing will be done shortly.
siphoning it out with weekly water changes
I've lowered the intensity and length of time the lights are on
Tangs don't touch it
Seahare doesn't eat much of it at all. He seems to prefer the nori on a clip.
It's out-competing my refugium. The macro algae hasn't died, but it's not growing anymore and actually this algae has moved in there as well. It's frustrating, but I'm working on it. I've never had a ton of luck with this tank.... at least not good luck lol.