Metal stand 80/20 vs EZ tube

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2016
Messages
1,024
Reaction score
250
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to build a metal stand for my 60g cube and 30g short cube, both 24x24 footprint. I don't have any welding experience so I am looking into either 80/20 or ez tube. The 80/20 definitely looks like the sturdier option and I'll probably go that route but just wanted to get some input beforehand.
 
Call the knotts company, give them dimensions and they will send you a quote and delivery in less than a week.

20170413_023459.jpg
 
I prefer to use Misumi over 80/20, much more affordable and more options. Misumi also has an engineering team to help you construct the stand and determine which size is adequate for the weight.
 
Welded, powder coated steel might very well be cheaper, even if you have to pay someone else build it for you. You might call a local fab shop and ask.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top