Midas Blenny injured by emerald crab

Anybody have thoughts on the clear fin spots that have been there since I got the midas and then the new ones appearing on the helfrichis fins? They look the same as the ones on the midas and appear to be increasing in quantity/size. Could it possibly be fin rot even though their fins aren't actually rotting? When I spots it's basically loss of pigmentation.

@melypr1985
@4FordFamily
@Humblefish

Thanks!
 
Its hard to tell. Could be part of a bacterial infection, or possibly something we dont know about yet. Could also be flukes which could be checked with a freshwater dip. That's where I would start.
 
Its hard to tell. Could be part of a bacterial infection, or possibly something we dont know about yet. Could also be flukes which could be checked with a freshwater dip. That's where I would start.
All fish were treated with 2 rounds of prazi in qt, hopefully not flukes. What is the treatment for prazi resistant flukes?

As far as the bacterial, like I said previously I'd have to treat all the fish because I can't control who eats what. Two leopard wrasse, midas, helfrichi. Still recommend kanaplex? I think I'll try the bacterial infection route first because I tried catching the midas yesterday and it was basically impossible, the helfrichi would be even harder. Would likely need a trap and even then not sure, they both hide in holes very quickly if I make sudden movements.

If it is flukes, I only have to treat the fish right? No fallow period or anything? I have a copperband and filefish in qt.

Thanks!
 
All fish were treated with 2 rounds of prazi in qt, hopefully not flukes. What is the treatment for prazi resistant flukes?

As far as the bacterial, like I said previously I'd have to treat all the fish because I can't control who eats what. Two leopard wrasse, midas, helfrichi. Still recommend kanaplex? I think I'll try the bacterial infection route first because I tried catching the midas yesterday and it was basically impossible, the helfrichi would be even harder. Would likely need a trap and even then not sure, they both hide in holes very quickly if I make sudden movements.

If it is flukes, I only have to treat the fish right? No fallow period or anything? I have a copperband and filefish in qt.

Thanks!

Yup. Still recommend the kanaplex.

IF it was flukes, then you would treat the entire tank. No fallow period required.
 
Yup. Still recommend the kanaplex.

IF it was flukes, then you would treat the entire tank. No fallow period required.
K ill start the kanaplex. How long before i should expect to see improvement?

For the flukes of i derermine thats what it is down the line, did you mean treat the display or all the fish in a qt?
 
K ill start the kanaplex. How long before i should expect to see improvement?

For the flukes of i derermine thats what it is down the line, did you mean treat the display or all the fish in a qt?

You'll feed the kanaplex for a minimum of 10 straight days. It's much slower that way though, so it could be the 10th day before you see any improvement. Just keep a close eye on them.

Prazi can be done in the display.
 
You'll feed the kanaplex for a minimum of 10 straight days. It's much slower that way though, so it could be the 10th day before you see any improvement. Just keep a close eye on them.

Prazi can be done in the display.
Will this kill my shrimp if they eat the focus/kanaplex food?

Btw, the midas has more white spots down its back/fins this morning. I probably need to start today but worried I'll kill my shrimp and possibly corals so I don't want to treat unless I have to. I wish I knew if it was bacterial or flukes or something else, and if the fish could fight it off on its own. Besides the physical symptoms, it's acting completely normal.
9f487c2f79a10fb68eacb10effe09aa0.jpg
b648625414a241490ce9ecf1a9c77cb9.jpg
 
Last edited:
I probably need to start today but worried I'll kill my shrimp and possibly corals so I don't want to treat unless I have to.

To fix that, you would feed the food slowly so the fish is able to eat it all before it goes anywhere. I haven't had a problem with either corals or inverts while doing this.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top