Midas Blenny : Is this some type of worm?

sigmarabi1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2016
Messages
135
Reaction score
85
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Blenny has been in QT under CP for about two weeks. He'd shown this black thing all this time. I tried adding Metroplex and Kanaplex to the food to get him to eat but he spits the food back out most of the time. Any ideas as to what this is and, if dangerous, how to treat it?
db96ca96025564fe9e8293741e3499b8.jpg
8bdcd34de35253539e86531d4b085f09.jpg
 
Are you looking at the black marking at his cloaca / anus? That's a black spot that's typical for midas blennies - it's just their coloration. (Understandable that it might make folks nervous, though!)

~Bruce
aha, I wondered if that was the case but, since I am not experienced with this fish, I thought it might be a parasite.
[emoji848]
 
I found that using a drop or two of selcon with the mixture of medicine and food helps mask the taste of the medicine. I will usually mix the medicine together with a couple drops of tank water then add selcon and pellet food to soak it up.
 
Metroplex and Kanaplex are medicines ... they're not likely to help his appetite. Some folks use garlic as an appetite enhancer, and swear it works. I have some lying around, so am using it to try to help stimulate a finicky copperband.

~Bruce
 
Metroplex and Kanaplex are medicines ... they're not likely to help his appetite. Some folks use garlic as an appetite enhancer, and swear it works. I have some lying around, so am using it to try to help stimulate a finicky copperband.

~Bruce
That dark spot is normal? Here i am freaking out for no reason lol. My midas blenny has a blue belly too. But he eats really well. He's in quarantine and he's skittish but that's to be expected for a new fish. He's only been in there for a few days and I have a copper treatment started for him. Apparently the blue belly is common as well and some people report that it goes away and some people report that it doesn't. He doesn't seem to be having any problems physically so I'm just going to feed a medicated Foods, do the copper, and the prazipro after and move it to the observation tank. I'm not well versed in fish disease at the moment so I hope it's not a problem that I can't figure out
 
This Blenny has been in QT under CP for about two weeks. He'd shown this black thing all this time. I tried adding Metroplex and Kanaplex to the food to get him to eat but he spits the food back out most of the time. Any ideas as to what this is and, if dangerous, how to treat it?
db96ca96025564fe9e8293741e3499b8.jpg
8bdcd34de35253539e86531d4b085f09.jpg
Did yours have a blueish belly as well?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top