Might as well be the one to start..... I need a......

  • Thread starter Thread starter BIGGUN
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

BIGGUN

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
417
Reaction score
221
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to start begging for stuff. :squigglemouth:

Does anyone have a good pump to drive my ETSS 600?

I think it calls for a iwaki 40 or 55 or something similar.

Also what happens if you drive a downdraft with a needle wheel?:neutral:

Kevin
 
Also what happens if you drive a downdraft with a needle wheel?:neutral:

Kevin

Don't know how well that would work. I don't think you would have enough pressure. My asm has a sedra that says 5000 gph and has a neddle wheel, but I don't know if sedra puts that on for a regular impeller.
 
But would you need the extra push being that the bubbles are generated in the impellar?

Kevin
 
I understand what you are saying, but with downdraft the bubbles are generated in the chamber on the inlet. There's a reduction at the entrance to create suction in the chamber to draw the air.

First you are trying to push the water further up than normal to get to the inlet. Then the added backpressure from the reduction may not leave you enough water pressure to draw enough air.

I may be wrong. If you have one, give it a try.
 
I wish I did!
 
Buck's will work. From what I found, Iwaki 40 or 55 RLT-Max, Magdrive 18 or Blue line 40 or 50.
 
Buck,

Is it for sale?

Kevin
 
:wink:

OH! That sounds expensive!!!:moneygrubber:

I want to do a mesh mod on it so it isn't something I could borrow.

How much were you thinking?

Kevin
 
Buck,

What motor is it American or Japanese?

How old is it?

Where are you located?

Thanks,
Kevin
 
Cool I'm definately interested. DOn't know when I can get to Washington though.

Do you get to Pgh much?

Kevin
 
??? What do you think?
 
In the morning I'm leaving for D.C. for the week.

Can I get it from you after that?

Kevin
 
Kevin, I just noticed your sig. Too funny!!!!!
 
:snicker:
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top