Wow, it's been over another month. Not a whole lot going on with the current tank but a few things have progressed. First, I finished the theater room ceiling (short of building more acoustic absorbers.) I wanted everything to match the metal of my sliding door so I used black stainless metallic paint and painted my new can light trim rings and old vents.
In the back of the room I added some canvas art:
I've started my big decorative project for the wall behind the TV. Remember, I use Philips Hue rope lights behind my TV so I want something that will work with the light. My first though was a light stacked stone wall, but when I priced it out I realized that it is money better spent elsewhere. I then saw a site where someone faked it with wood, so I thought I'd give that a shot but I just couldn't see a way to not make it look fake. Then while messing around in the garage I decided to try a couple things. I took a block I made and painted it with the black stainless paint, then rounded the corners and repeated. I think I'm going to try a wall made like this.
Here's an example with a few unpainted blocks:
Here are two with the paint. The bottom one is the look I'm going with and the distortion on the bottom left corner of that one is from the camera, not on the block:
It's going to take a lot of work but I think I'll like it.
As far as tanks, I got a free 38 gallon bowfront, rock, sand and misc. equipment from a friend. I'm not sure what to do with the tank but I know that size isn't the best for another reef tank. I'm leaning toward keeping a pair of seahorses in it, what do you think?
