Mixing Hydra 26 (non-HD) and Hydra 32HD

benapilot

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2015
Messages
491
Reaction score
589
Location
Wasilla, Alaska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 4' 75 gallon mixed reef that is doing quite well under two non-HD Hydra 26s. I'll be upgrading to (most likely) an SCA 150, 5' tank and will need another light. I'm already in for a couple grand in tank/stand and don't want to spend another $1k on lighting when my Hydra 26s work just fine.

Does anyone know if I can control the non-HD 26s and a 32HD together?

If all else fails, I can put the 32 HD in the middle, the 26s on the outsides and run matching, but separate programs in MyAI...
 
Sadly you will not be able to control both light together as the new Hydras are Bluetooth only as of right now and do not support the use of the controller. Not even the Hydra26hd can be paired with the non hd versions.

You will be able to set the same spectrum on both sets of lights and you'll just have to play with intensity to match.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top