most expensive(and sweetest) chalice I have ever seen!

reef-lover

Reef Aficionado
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
7
Location
Sunny Florida/Tabago
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this on ebay, up to $315, for a 1" x 1"., Still has 18 hours to go.
meltingchaliceLarge.jpg
 
It looks like walt disney "threw up". Beautiful piece. For the price that it's going to sell for, it better look exactly like that...
 
yeah i doubt itll be that bright, but it should have as much colors just not as bright
 
IMHO it's not a $315 coral, but hey that's just me. If you've got that kind of money to spend and you want to buy go for it.
 
The owner of this piece is a member here and that's their photo. I would love a piece so if you want me to verify it's colors, I will gladly take just a pinch of it and do so for you. :D
 
ktar bro, could I drive upto your place and see it in person first before bidding? I don't think you're too far from me.
 
ktar bro, could I drive upto your place and see it in person first before bidding? I don't think you're too far from me.

No need, he is sending me a piece to get some photo's of!!!! :D
 
Ok maybe not but the offer is still on the table! ;)
 
pretty sweet piece hope it does well for who ever buys it looks like it's going to be spendy lol.
 
I personally think that is a hot chalice.....I bet you could get those colors under day light with the right mix of T-5 actinic and 14-20k MH......Even under the daylights it is still sweet. Looks like a artist easel after painting...
 
all visitor are welcome anytime. feel free to come on over. dont worry i will be fragging again soon and i will have a waiting list made up. Kigs you on top of the list so dont worry.
 
Ktar...nice echino! good score.....and i see the auction is up to $380.....that's a whole lotta cash!!! ...you yanks pay craaaazy money for corals, eh!?!?!

but yeah...you REALLY need to be more clear in the auction...you definitely should have posted it was an actinic-only shot, or at least explain why the colours are SO obviously saturated.....just to cover your butt, if anything.

tell you what, if I spent close to $400 on a single frag, not knowing it was under heavy actinic-only lighting expecting it to look somewhat like that in my tank, i'd be very ticked.

Zach
 
Last edited by a moderator:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top