Most FUN fish to watch in your aquarium?

Overall do you consider your fish to be entertaining or kinda boring?

  • Entertaining

    Votes: 601 88.4%
  • Kinda Boring

    Votes: 63 9.3%
  • Other (please explain)

    Votes: 16 2.4%

  • Total voters
    680

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
49,253
Reaction score
98,071
Seller Rating
4 ★
Rating Count
2
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Today let's talk about our little fishy friends. More importantly let's talk about the ones who entertain us the most! I would like to hear which fish are your most favorite to watch and why! Let's go!

1. What fish is the most fun for you to watch and why is that?

2. Overall do you consider your fish to be entertaining or kinda boring?


image via @Kdoor
MVIMG_20181229_103950.jpg
 
I find it entertaining to watch my wrasse, CBB and tang interact with their surroundings along with my Foxface changing colours depending on his mood and if he’s swimming or not
 
Dottybacks are extremely fun to watch. The way the move in and out of rocks, they are extremely smart as well. Great fish to own.

I like to own fish with character. I hate stupid fish. That is why cichlids always have a place in my house.
 
Yes! Well… sort of. My clownfish are really entertaining, just because of their spunk and personality.

My sunrise dottyback is fun to watch, but he rarely comes out.

And my orange spot diamond goby is super boring. He just sits in the same spot all day long. ;Hilarious
 
I love my rainfordi goby! He's got a lot of spunk and the sand sifting behavior is so much fun to watch. As well as it helps that he eats my algae too.

But my favorite is my recent acquisition A dwarf seahorse! He cruises between blades of seagrass and is always inquisitive about something. his curiosity reminds me of a baby, just so enthralled with everything around him. It also help that they are really expressive fish too.
 
I love my fish. I'll take personality over looks any day. If I could have a 100% reef safe puffer, it would be my first fish!

My copper band butterfly is a laugh. But, she's probably a meany pants.
I watch my cbb dive bomb my foxface daily. Fox is 2x the length, hasn't gotten hurt yet. Clowns, they're clowns.

The way fish behave around each other can be amazing.
 
Other: I have no fish at the moment (I plan to, shortly, for my macro tank).

1. I could watch the Anchovies at the Aquarium of the Bay (San Francisco) for days! I love the massive, yet fantastically coordinated schools that they form!

2. N/A, though I was always fascinated by the fish in my past freshwater systems.
 
i have a pair of fish that are fun to watch. my diamond goby and my bi color angel. the bi color angel is like that little brother that just wont go away and does the "im not touching you..." as the diamond goby just wants to sift sand. the goby will just be like get away from me and open his mouth super wide

20210910_092845.jpg
 
My female clown is a lot of fun to watch. Even if she tries to kill my every time I put a hand in the tank…

FD52A64F-6485-43B1-AE99-025D6F1F8D9B.jpeg
I have same problem with my female. For the last few yrs I haven't put my hand too far into the water without the long coralife gloves on.

Curious, what kind of damage will she do? Mine snapped at my about 6 times in 3 sec, scared me and I yanked my hand out. Will she actually cause damage?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top