Mount sps on wall of tank

Guttersnipe

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2018
Messages
745
Reaction score
776
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers. I was wondering if any of you mount sps frags onto the walls of your tank. I am running out of room on my rocks and would like to start mounting frags on the back and side walls of my tanks. Dimensions of my tank is
36x24x24.

Thanks!
 
I do once they encrust they look great. My tank only has view from front so i do sides and back
 
Tunze coral gum and bsi cyanoacrylate gel. The combo of both seems to really hold wellbuntil they encrust
 
I use some gel super glue and placed some monti on overflow section. Looks cool now it has grown out.
 
Thanks for the replies! Can you post some pictures?
 
I glue small pieces of rock to old magnets and then mount the corals to the rock. Then I can adjust height or move it left to right.
 
Scrape the coralline off really well. If they bond to the coralline instead of the glass, they can flake off later.
 
20180115_150622.jpg
20180115_150622.jpg
20180115_150411.jpg
 
As you can see they have already encrusted on the glass the only thing i noticed is were they are shaded they dont grow well
 
As you can see they have already encrusted on the glass the only thing i noticed is were they are shaded they dont grow well

That looks really cool. Seems like the encrusting will hold them on the glass pretty good.
Thank you for posting pictures!
 
I have always wanted to do that on the overflow but my fear is something happens and they die.....how hard is it to remove dead, encrusted coral from the tank walls?
 
I have always wanted to do that on the overflow but my fear is something happens and they die.....how hard is it to remove dead, encrusted coral from the tank walls?

From the glass walls very easy once you get under the edge with a balde. Off acrylic or PVC it's a PITA.
 
I will be trying this out once I get my order of frag mags
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top