Moving and need to move my tank, suggestions please!!

Nanoclowndave

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2018
Messages
101
Reaction score
125
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm moving to a new place and this will be the first time I have to move my tank. its a pico tank 5 gallon thats roughly 7 months old. its just starting to really establish and grow it Coraline and everything is happy. I'm worried by moving it I will stress everything out and disrupt the new biological filter. do any veteran reefers have any suggestion or tips or words of advice? I'm really nervous about this lol
 
I'm moving to a new place and this will be the first time I have to move my tank. its a pico tank 5 gallon thats roughly 7 months old. its just starting to really establish and grow it Coraline and everything is happy. I'm worried by moving it I will stress everything out and disrupt the new biological filter. do any veteran reefers have any suggestion or tips or words of advice? I'm really nervous about this lol

Everything will be fine no need to worry. I moved my 12 gallon cube to and from college every break and just recently moved my 40 breeder across the country in 3 days and never had anything die on me from moving.
 
There are hundreds of posts about moving tanks if you search this board using keyword "moving"
 
the lfs will usually give you bags and rubber bands for free. I suggest taking the coral off the live rock if possible because it will poke holes in the bag. I usually bag up all coral, fish and inverts separately and put live rock in a 5g bucket and bring as much of the original water as possible. Keep livestock inside the car/moving van so you can control the heat. I kept mine in a large insulated box which kept the livestock temp +/- 2 degrees.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top