Moving Neptune DOS & DDR to Basement from Stand

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2020
Messages
6,485
Reaction score
30,480
Location
White Plains, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about moving my Neptune DOS & DDR to basement from stand to free up space and for easier maintenance. Will be about an 12 foot run from basement to aquarium.

Has anyone else done this? What was your experience? Any recommended tips? Are there any down sides?

Thank you.
 
It will be fine. I ran mine in a similar fashion at the old house. Just wait, your next step will be moving the sump to the basement :)
Thank you!

Don’t know if I can convince the wife to let me move the sump to the basement but oooohhh so tempting!!!
 
I’ve done the dos in the basement to my water reservoir. It’s not a problem at all. You can make a small hole for the tubing or use an “outlet” type cover used for media installations to give it a cleaner look. Mine is about a 30-50 foot run of tubing that goes up a height of about 10 feet. I went a step farther and set up optical sensors and a solenoid to break a gravity siphon of the dos ever failed.
 
I’ve done the dos in the basement to my water reservoir. It’s not a problem at all. You can make a small hole for the tubing or use an “outlet” type cover used for media installations to give it a cleaner look. Mine is about a 30-50 foot run of tubing that goes up a height of about 10 feet. I went a step farther and set up optical sensors and a solenoid to break a gravity siphon of the dos ever failed.
Thank you!

Do you have a picture of the placement of optical sensor and solenoid?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top