My Big Beautiful Budget Breeder Build

Used flashlight to add some extra white light for this shot..


7B65DDDD-83F5-4426-98E4-B58101A48029.png
 
Niiiiice progression! Holy moly..

Thanks.. its funny, I had no idea until I pulled old pictures.. lol. I guess when you see the stuff everyday you don't even notice.
 
Thanks.. its funny, I had no idea until I pulled old pictures.. lol. I guess when you see the stuff everyday you don't even notice.
Absolutely. Thats why a lot of pics i take i dont share. More for my own memory of the accomplishment feelin that these species are thriving due to our dedication. Awesome feeling!
 
I never clean the glass, I never test, I never do water changes, I never use additives and virtually never change filter material or pre filter (maybe every 4 months) totally different animal compared to my 40 and shows you there are many ways to run a reef.. the tank is coming up on six years :)

the nanobox LED's really mess with camera, virtually impossible to get clear pictures.

82DF14CD-F24C-4F0D-B926-03DB0C07506E.jpeg
 
Isn't that blue sponge photosynthetic? mine started growing like crazy @ 200 Par.. casualty of hair algae and vibrant dosing :( I knew going in I might lose it but failed to move it to another tank, going to get another at some point.
 
Isn't that blue sponge photosynthetic? mine started growing like crazy @ 200 Par.. casualty of hair algae and vibrant dosing :( I knew going in I might lose it but failed to move it to another tank, going to get another at some point.

No, it gets fed live phyto mostly, currently not doing so well, I managed to micro bubble the tank a couple of weeks ago and more than half of it drifted off, they need like 1 micron sized food.
 
No, it gets fed live phyto mostly, currently not doing so well, I managed to micro bubble the tank a couple of weeks ago and more than half of it drifted off, they need like 1 micron sized food.

Yeah I noticed it looked a little sad thats why I asked about light, mine was photosynthetic and a plating variation but new growth was more pillar than plating. I moved it right under LED after it was being finicky in other spots and it really took off.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top