My carpenter’s flasher wrasse is a psycho!

  • Thread starter Thread starter lba4590
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

lba4590

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2020
Messages
325
Reaction score
248
Location
NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything I’ve read said carpenters are super peaceful, non-aggressive fish but somehow he rules my tank. He’s not even very big, maybe 2”. He’s a huge jerk and completely psycho in general.

I love wrasses and wanted several in my tank, I currently have a larger pintail fairy that is a total wimp, the flasher loves to boss him around but they get along for the most part. Today I added a royal gramma, longnose hawkfish, and yellow wrasse and put them in an acclimation box for a few hours. The flasher wrasse was losing his mind. Flashing all around the tank, darting back and forth in front of the box, literally trying to jump out of the tank (I kept hearing him splash and knock around on the lid). Half the time when I go to feed he tries to jump out as well. Really stresses me out!

I really wanted to add another linespot flasher after my last one died, he was beautiful and I’ve been trying to find one for a while. But now I’m worried I own the most psycho flasher wrasse and I need to lay off the wrasses... thoughts?
 
I would be really surprised if he ever does more than displaying. The Carpenters I've kept have been very bold and unafraid but none were ever a problem as far as being aggressive. I bet yours will be fine.
 
I think it is the best. They just display and show their beautiful clors, but will cause no injury.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top