My carpet nem has been deflated for almost a week

JosephNg

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2021
Messages
50
Reaction score
8
Location
Vietnam
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks, my carpet nem is deflated and seems to lose some of its attachment for roughly a week. I tried to feed the nem with shredded shrimp but it refused. The parameters are:

NO3: 0 ppm
NO2: 0 ppm
NH3/NH4: 0 ppm
pH: 8.2
Salinity: 1023 Sg

How do I improve this situation? Thank you all.
 
PM @OrionN. He’s treated many nems back to health.
do you have Cipro? A small tank you could treat it in if need be?

good luck
 
O
PM @OrionN. He’s treated many nems back to health.
do you have Cipro? A small tank you could treat it in if need be?

good luck
oh yes, I have a quarantine tank as well. Thank you.
 
Nitrates are too low. Salinity too low.
 
2ppm-10ppm is a good range.

What about your phosphate levels? Are those too low as well?

Carpet anemones need very strong light. What lights do you have?
 
2ppm-10ppm is a good range.

What about your phosphate levels? Are those too low as well?

Carpet anemones need very strong light. What lights do you have?
the last PO4 value gave me 0.25 ppm and I’m using K7 pro 2 for my tank, which is 70x50x50. I know it’s a bit insufficient and I’m waiting for the K7 v3
 
2ppm-10ppm is a good range.

What about your phosphate levels? Are those too low as well?

Carpet anemones need very strong light. What lights do you have?
Interestingly, the nem chose attachs itself in the area with limited light itself
 
I would recommend that salinity increased to 35 ppt or SG of 1.026 or so. This isn’t a big deal and should not cause the anemone to deflated. If the anemone deflated for the last week then it is infected and should be in the HT and treat with antibiotic.
Good luck with him.
 
I would recommend that salinity increased to 35 ppt or SG of 1.026 or so. This isn’t a big deal and should not cause the anemone to deflated. If the anemone deflated for the last week then it is infected and should be in the HT and treat with antibiotic.
Good luck with him.
Thank you for the advice
 
Don’t worry about phosphate and nitrated other than try you keep to keep it at not measurable with hobby kits. Anemones don’t do better with nutrients in the water. Unlike SPS where it is not always easy to feed SPS, for anemones if you want to give them nutrients and get them to growth, it is so easy to feed them. Having nutrients in the water for them in a non issue for host anemones.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top