My Chinese wifi black boxes have arrived!

Leaellynasaura

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2016
Messages
299
Reaction score
209
Location
Wichita, KS
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are Green Sun brand and I took a risk and ordered them straight from the supplier on Alibaba instead of going through a local company. They still have a 2 year warranty and they seem to work great in my brief testing.

They are 32 inch long fixtures. 3 channels: blue, white and moonlight. 32 ramping points per day. Attaching to my iPhone was easy.

I will post more when they are hung over my tank (135 gallon).

$659 shipped

IMG_0731.JPG


IMG_0730.JPG
 
That seems awfully bright for 5%. Have you checked the par?
 
Here is the schedule I sent to both lights yesterday. I plan to make more adjustments, but you can see how the schedule works. I just realised I messed it up on the first 10am one lol. Channel 1 is blue I think, channel is white and 3 is moonlight.

The number represents percent of 100.

IMG_0757.PNG
 
Would raising just give better smoothing of each LED's light? The picture is overexposed and looks much brighter than it is. I have the same brand in my basement on my coral quarantine tank running at 25% over a 20 gallon tank. It is the 16 inch model, but same LEDs.

Here is the sunrise/sunset plan I have selected :)

YrdZYuT.png


Dh87WHg.png
 
Last edited:
Would raising just give better smoothing of each LED's light? The picture is overexposed and looks much brighter than it is. I have the same brand in my basement on my coral quarantine tank running at 25% over a 20 gallon tank. It is the 16 inch model, but same LEDs.

Yea it just seems like the color blending would be awful with the light that low
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top