My Clownfish are on to me

  • Thread starter Thread starter RobinC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

RobinC

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2022
Messages
108
Reaction score
184
Location
Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my clownfish are on to me. Every time I enter the room, which is about 4x for feeding. They all act like they are going to spawn. Even the females do some runs. I am convinced they are only doing this to trick me.
 
Better than mine. Every time I put my hand in the tank, they try and fight me. Biting my fingers and head butting me lol.
 
Clownfish brain: Hey, every time the big food blob is over there and we do this, it comes over here.
 
Better than mine. Every time I put my hand in the tank, they try and fight me. Biting my fingers and head butting me lol.
Yeah, they bite, dreading the day they actually spawn and I have to armor up to remove the pot, lol
 
I think my clownfish are on to me. Every time I enter the room, which is about 4x for feeding. They all act like they are going to spawn. Even the females do some runs. I am convinced they are only doing this to trick me.
All of my fish do similar to get my attention. They are better at begging than my dogs. Probably doesn't help that I keep pellets near by as snacks and toss a few in way more often than I should. Tangs get excited when I bend over to get them out of the stand.
My CBB swims circles around the power head when I'm sitting at the table. First time I saw this I thought he was sick and spassing out but when I walked up to the tank he swam right up to me and was like OK where's the food? Fish are smarter than many people realize, at least when it comes to recognizing who's the food god.
 
Fight them back and hopefully they will learn who is boss!
I’ve tried this…doesn’t work! I have literally flicked my male on the nose and sent him flying, came right back and bit me again. Little jerks don’t care!
 
My clowns, of two years, have never bit my hand or even shown aggression to my hand in the tank. The biggest pig in my tank, diamond watchman goby, will bite anything, including my fingers, that enter the water where I introduce food.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top