My clowns have ich! No meds

clownhelp

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2020
Messages
9
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I posted yesterday but no one replied. Trying again. I have 2 Clowns I got recently that now have ich, they were the first fish in my new tank. I’ve decided to go fallow and qt. My qt is setup right now and I put in a large cycled filter sponge in there. Instant cycle?

IM not sure how to treat the fish in QT! I’m in Canada and can’t get any copper, I’ve ordered it but it’s in the mail for a week or 2 still. I have a malachite green treatment, would that work? What else can I do? My fish is getting worse, please help!

Thank you!
 
IMO freshwater dip will provide the best immediate relief and buy you some time.
 
You could do the tank transfer method. It requires zero copper and is effective in outrunning ich. It’s a 13 day process which would mean the fish will be rid of the ich before your copper even arrives.

 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top