So before I get ripped to pieces about the state of this guy I should tell you his history. My father owned a 75g reef which he decided he didn't want anymore. Well, he ended up gifting it to me and I was stoked! Woo hoo! I haven't had a tank in twenty years and even then it was a FO small salt. I always wanted a reef tank and things really have come a long way in 20 yrs. Anyway, this was back in August or so. My father lives in Florida and I am in Louisiana. It took me 2 months to get to Florida to get the tank. My father had dismantled the tank and put about 40lbs of the live rock into a big black Rubbermaid bucket with a power head, all of the macro algae from his fuge, (only natural lighting from the window) and the rest of the 130lbs of live rock into other buckets, dry. So here is where this guy comes in. He was on one of the pieces of live rock that was in the wet bucket for that two month period. He looked this way when I got him and as you can see he still does. I got the tank up and running and cycled and put him in 11/29/15 (he was still alive from what I could tell!) about one third of the way up from the bottom. The only "action" I have seen from him is swelling/puffing up on occasion, sliming and growing downward if you will (too much light too soon?). So I moved him to the bottom which is where he is now. Still no action. He has no black spots, he is not soft or mushy at all. His "fingers' have begun to look a bit more yellow at times but nothing noteworthy. Twice I have seen pock marks on his surface but they go away. I'm guessing this is where his polyps extend from? I have 3 A150w Kessil 's Ocean blue lights and LED moon lights. Same lighting my father had, I didn't change anything as far as that.. My parameters have been stable since the cycle.
Tested on 1/2/16
SG: 1.025
dKH: 9 (All API)
Cal:440
pH:8.0
Amonia, trate, trite, phos: 0
Using Ro/di, Salinity Salt
Reef Octo 150 skim
35ish gal sump with fuge
I do not have a mag, strontium or Iodine test kit yet.
I've tried dosing Fuel, and that only gave me an algae outbreak.
What would you do with him? He seems to be hanging on but just remains madd! Should I frag him? Leave him alone or pull him and call it quits? Will he rebuild his zooxanthellae? Is he too far gone? Any suggestions are appreciated!!


