- Joined
- Jan 9, 2009
- Messages
- 434
- Reaction score
- 135
- Location
- Las Vegas
- What state or country do you live in
- Nevada
I had a Zeo tank quite a few years ago and was very happy with.
I had to take the tank down at some point but I have setup a couple other ones in the mean time.
Due to heavy work travel I couldn't dedicate enough time to keep a reef tank well maintained and decide to try a FOWLR.
After a small disaster with my FOWLR tank and loosing all my fish I am in the game again to start all over.
I never could become a big fan of a tank without corals and decided to go for it again.
The new setup is a full Zeo reef again
Memories:
180G Zeovit tank: video
Elos Mini
Elos System 120 Reef: Tank and Corals
Elos System 120 FOWLR: video
I started a couple weeks ago and this is a quick recap what has been happening so far.
Setup:
[TABLE="width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD]Tank[/TD]
[TD]Elos System 120[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Stand[/TD]
[TD]Elos cabinet[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sump[/TD]
[TD]Elos sump[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Skimmer[/TD]
[TD]Elos NW skimmer[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Return[/TD]
[TD]Sicce Syncra 3.0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Water Flow[/TD]
[TD]Tunze Wavebox[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]2 x Tunze Turbelle Steam 6095[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Controller[/TD]
[TD]Apex Full[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]ATO[/TD]
[TD]Elos Digital Osmocontroller[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Lights[/TD]
[TD]3 AI Hydra's LED[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]UV[/TD]
[TD]Coralife Turbo Twist 12x[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rock[/TD]
[TD]Dry rock[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sand[/TD]
[TD]Arag Special grade[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
My first steps were to remove all the rocks and sand from the old setup. I won't reuse any of them.
Washed and cleaned tank, sump and equipment with vinegar/water mix. Thanks Magic Eraser (Original) for doing such a great job.
I had to take the tank down at some point but I have setup a couple other ones in the mean time.
Due to heavy work travel I couldn't dedicate enough time to keep a reef tank well maintained and decide to try a FOWLR.
After a small disaster with my FOWLR tank and loosing all my fish I am in the game again to start all over.
I never could become a big fan of a tank without corals and decided to go for it again.
The new setup is a full Zeo reef again
Memories:
180G Zeovit tank: video
Elos Mini
Elos System 120 Reef: Tank and Corals
Elos System 120 FOWLR: video
I started a couple weeks ago and this is a quick recap what has been happening so far.
Setup:
[TABLE="width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD]Tank[/TD]
[TD]Elos System 120[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Stand[/TD]
[TD]Elos cabinet[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sump[/TD]
[TD]Elos sump[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Skimmer[/TD]
[TD]Elos NW skimmer[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Return[/TD]
[TD]Sicce Syncra 3.0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Water Flow[/TD]
[TD]Tunze Wavebox[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]2 x Tunze Turbelle Steam 6095[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Controller[/TD]
[TD]Apex Full[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]
2 x DC8 Energy Bars
[/TD][/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]
1 x AWM to control the AI Hydra
[/TD][/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]
1 x ALD with several advanced surface leak detectors
[/TD][/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]
1 x Neptune PH probe
[/TD][/TR]
[TR]
[TD]ATO[/TD]
[TD]Elos Digital Osmocontroller[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Lights[/TD]
[TD]3 AI Hydra's LED[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]UV[/TD]
[TD]Coralife Turbo Twist 12x[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rock[/TD]
[TD]Dry rock[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sand[/TD]
[TD]Arag Special grade[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
My first steps were to remove all the rocks and sand from the old setup. I won't reuse any of them.
Washed and cleaned tank, sump and equipment with vinegar/water mix. Thanks Magic Eraser (Original) for doing such a great job.




