So I recently was able to connect with Larry and get my reef frenzy ordered and it arrived today so I figured I'd do a small review of my experience dealing with and talking to Larry the owner and what I thought of the reef and fish frenzy.
First off dealing with Larry reminded me of dealing with another reefer that loves the hobby. You guys know what I mean the kind of person when you talk to them you just know he's a reefer first and a hobbiest. Then he's also generally a good guy that wants to earn your respect and buisness also. He was prompt once I got a hold of him returning emails and sending out my food quickly. I had a question after the fact and I called the cell number on th card answered on the third ring and was happy to talk to me. So as far as customer service goes and continuing to be helpful after the sale I'd give him two thumbs up and dealing with people like him are one of the reasons I really enjoy the hobby.
Now second the packaging. So package came and sat outside for a few hours in 80degrees I was a little worried, but when I got home from work and got it inside it was super cold frozen solid still so packaging was perfect and no worries in any weather I'd say keeping it frozen or worrying about shipping. 1 1/2 styrofoam container and dry ice in the box to keep it froze and he knows where you live so in the event it's really hot I'm guessing he'd just add a little more dry ice to keep it nice and cold. Upon opening the pack I was surprised to see I actually got a bonus nano pack of reef frenzy to share with a friend. A nice marketing idea for sure but as a reefer when I find something I like I want to share it and that's just what I did.
Third the best part the food. I have to say I have been using the same food for a while and most of my fish seem pretty happy with it but at times it really blows my skimmer up and makes the water a little cloudy. It's made locally but I wanted to try something different and see whats the best out there and reef frenzy kept coming up. I gotta admit that I was a little taken back by the price but I decided to see what it was all about after reading about it all the time. I have to say that I have never used a frozen food that didn't cloud up my water until now. It's super clean and very meaty. It dissolves into small little meaty chunks perfect for all size fish. I've often always seen some dark colored or tinge with most frozen foods. There is none here. Also please note I have a pencil wrasse that is probably one of the most finicky eaters I've ever had and usually it takes forever for him to eat anything different well not today my friends. All my fish even the the pencil wrasse that normally hides til I walk away was out in front of the tank gobbling up everything as fast as it could really quite remarkable, especially since he's skiddish at best. Skimmer did not blowup at all. The thing I found the most curious was how much the food really expands and breaks up in the tank. In the past frozen foods I've used do not quite have the amount of meat or the density of reef frenzy.
So basically it does live up to the hype and the price is well justified. You get more than what you would from any other food period. It's a great product and my fish are loving it already and my corals showed great polyp extension after using it only one time I saw feeder tentacles ready to go almost immeadietly after putting it in the tank.
I usually don't write good things about products more often then not I guess I complain but in this case I wasn't sure what to really expect and I have to say I was kinda shocked about how good and clean of a food this was so I figured I'd give Larry and reef frenzy the respect and good review they deserve. So if your on the fence I'd say take the plunge and i promise you that you won't be disappointed in this food it really is that good. Hope you guys are as happy as I am with reef frenzy reef on peoples.
First off dealing with Larry reminded me of dealing with another reefer that loves the hobby. You guys know what I mean the kind of person when you talk to them you just know he's a reefer first and a hobbiest. Then he's also generally a good guy that wants to earn your respect and buisness also. He was prompt once I got a hold of him returning emails and sending out my food quickly. I had a question after the fact and I called the cell number on th card answered on the third ring and was happy to talk to me. So as far as customer service goes and continuing to be helpful after the sale I'd give him two thumbs up and dealing with people like him are one of the reasons I really enjoy the hobby.
Now second the packaging. So package came and sat outside for a few hours in 80degrees I was a little worried, but when I got home from work and got it inside it was super cold frozen solid still so packaging was perfect and no worries in any weather I'd say keeping it frozen or worrying about shipping. 1 1/2 styrofoam container and dry ice in the box to keep it froze and he knows where you live so in the event it's really hot I'm guessing he'd just add a little more dry ice to keep it nice and cold. Upon opening the pack I was surprised to see I actually got a bonus nano pack of reef frenzy to share with a friend. A nice marketing idea for sure but as a reefer when I find something I like I want to share it and that's just what I did.
Third the best part the food. I have to say I have been using the same food for a while and most of my fish seem pretty happy with it but at times it really blows my skimmer up and makes the water a little cloudy. It's made locally but I wanted to try something different and see whats the best out there and reef frenzy kept coming up. I gotta admit that I was a little taken back by the price but I decided to see what it was all about after reading about it all the time. I have to say that I have never used a frozen food that didn't cloud up my water until now. It's super clean and very meaty. It dissolves into small little meaty chunks perfect for all size fish. I've often always seen some dark colored or tinge with most frozen foods. There is none here. Also please note I have a pencil wrasse that is probably one of the most finicky eaters I've ever had and usually it takes forever for him to eat anything different well not today my friends. All my fish even the the pencil wrasse that normally hides til I walk away was out in front of the tank gobbling up everything as fast as it could really quite remarkable, especially since he's skiddish at best. Skimmer did not blowup at all. The thing I found the most curious was how much the food really expands and breaks up in the tank. In the past frozen foods I've used do not quite have the amount of meat or the density of reef frenzy.
So basically it does live up to the hype and the price is well justified. You get more than what you would from any other food period. It's a great product and my fish are loving it already and my corals showed great polyp extension after using it only one time I saw feeder tentacles ready to go almost immeadietly after putting it in the tank.
I usually don't write good things about products more often then not I guess I complain but in this case I wasn't sure what to really expect and I have to say I was kinda shocked about how good and clean of a food this was so I figured I'd give Larry and reef frenzy the respect and good review they deserve. So if your on the fence I'd say take the plunge and i promise you that you won't be disappointed in this food it really is that good. Hope you guys are as happy as I am with reef frenzy reef on peoples.


