My Fellow Zoa peeps. What should i do

rocko918

I wanna be a rock star
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
1,288
Reaction score
5
Location
Bristow, VA -- NOVA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am a big fan of trading zoas and have a hard time putting prices on things. But when you have a frag that is pretty rare, you wanna share the love but also be able to get something in return. I have seen some crazy prices on frags, I would never pay it but some people do. So how can you turn down the chance? Here is what I have.

I fragged my armor of gods last night, just one frag as I was working a frag for Ficklefins, The frag I got is like 9 polyps. I can frag the colony again for Ficklefins and get another decent frag off it. I think he is letting something grow out for me and may not be ready. Anyway I have this frag of Arm of gods of 9 polyps and it is just screaming sell me. But I would hate to fall into the high priced resell part of everything.

Anyway here is a pic of the colony. Your suggestions and comments would be really helpful.


100_3768.jpg
 
I am not sure if I understand the question..."So how can you turn done the chance?"

You could always sell the frag for a high price, and feed into all this hype. But then when you want something really nice, your gonna have to feed into someone else's hype and pay top dollar for it. Some of us that have nicer corals trade out high end stuff for other high end stuff...then we don't have to pay $100/polyp for the Super Duper Rare and Exotic Just named Yesterday Paly!
 
How can I turn down the chance to sell these on RC for what ever the going price is? Like you said i could feed into the hype, but i don't want to be like that. I also don't want to sell to someone and have them turn around and sell them for the hype price.
 
I'll save you. How about trading? Some of us don't sell and just trade amongst ourselves. :)
 
I'm sorry but from the pics, they look like LOTR to me... I might be mistaken... AOG are all pink/orange from what I understand..

anyway, I would first try to trade with members here.. just post what you want and I'm sure somebody is going to have it.. :) second choice would be sell them and just be as fair as possible... you've got some nice palys in there and would go for a decent chunk of change..

good luck..

btw.. pm sent..

Marvin
 
Hey Rocko,

In my opinion as long as you have a frag to grow out later I say sell it. If you are talking about my frag then I'll kill you.

J/K... and PM sent
 
Ha thanks Fickle, Now worries your frag is not going anywhere, it might be small than 9 polyps though.

Thanks for the Pm's i think i will end up trade with fellow club zoa peeps.
 
rocko918 said:
How can I turn down the chance to sell these on RC for what ever the going price is? Like you said i could feed into the hype, but i don't want to be like that. I also don't want to sell to someone and have them turn around and sell them for the hype price.
Heh, I haven't sold any of mine on RC :)

Just trade them to people for other cool stuff. Also, if it bothers you that someone will hype them for money, then just don't trade with those kinds of people.

I agree with Marvin. Those do look like the new orange green ones that have been coming in during the last couple months. A possible LOTR, depending on how it colors up.

Here's a pic(a little overexposed) of AoG for reference.
t-AoGDSCN1354.jpg


Here's a pic of another that has been relatively common among the nicer palys this year. It's been called Armageddon II, Platinum Red PE, Devil's Armor, "AoG".
A2DSCN1410.jpg
 
i dont think there is a "going rate" for those polyps.

i think there are a couple people who sells ones like them on ebay, and *may* get ~$100 for that many polyps.

IMO its much more worth it to frag it up for trades.
 
Whatever they are, they are drop dead gorgeous, and who ever gets them is darn lucky to have them, imo.

:D
Laurie
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top