My friends tank sprung a leak

mrcoffee2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2013
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
35
Location
Vermont
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I got all of his corals because he is getting out of the game now... Oh drats :wink:

Heres one of the acans that came from his tank. I love it so much I just had to show it. I hope that more heads color up like that green one!

photo 1.jpg
 
good deal for you! Free corals is not something we experience very often in this hobby :)
 
Yeah lol its a little tragic as to why I inherited them but oh well... At least they are going to a good home :)
 
Last edited:
looks like that acan was a rainbow. was it under LEDs? since it seem to turn all red
 
Yeah he had it under LED's. He bought as a single red polyp about 1.5 yrs ago and its grown to that since then. He said the colors in it have been completely random but mostly red.

Are you saying that LED's turn corals red?
 
Last edited:
it seems LED have a thing to turn rainbow acans more of a red and lose the rainbow.
 
I have never heard that. Very interesting. Anyone else notice that too?
 
it seems LED have a thing to turn rainbow acans more of a red and lose the rainbow.

Possible, my Rainbows are different than when I bought them. However, they were under LEDs at the store. I think it has to do with the specific LEDs rather than LEDs in general. Just like they would shift colors depending on the T5 lamps they are under.
 
I heard it a bunch of times.
Here is my rainbow i bought and after just over a week under my Radion G3

to this
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top