My hawkins frag extends it's polyps during the day...

Durandal

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2018
Messages
60
Reaction score
71
What state or country do you live in
Alaska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was doing research on this species, I could find no pictures of it's beautiful (but tiny) florescent green polyps. It sounds like they don't usually come out during the day.

If I had known I would have bought it even faster than I did.


-Durandal
 
Placement, lighting, flow and nutrients has a lot to do with what color a given coral will take on.
 
Mine are only out in the inner parts of the colony. They are put away on the outer edges. A. Echinata is not a high PE species.

There is only one Hawkins. It came from ORA about a decade ago. It sometimes needs to be golf-ball sized before it gets true color, but it is really unmistakable.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top