My humble set-up in the garage

So listen to this crapola.

My last final of the semester was on Thursday at 5:30. I leave the house around 9am on Thursday, going through my normal routine of feeding the fish as I am leaving. Nothing out of the ordinary.

well, at 4:45 (45 minutes before my final)my girlfriend calls me when she arrived home from work asking if the "tank with the coral frags" is supposed to be half full. I (as calmly as I could fake) said no, and asked if she would stay there for the 20 minutes it would take my bud to get there and check it out.

He gets there, looks around, and texts me saying that he didn't see any water on the floor and didn't see a leak. So now I am really worried because I have absolutely NO IDEA what in the world the problem could be. How could 60 or so gallons be missing with no water on the floor????

Well, when I got home from school, I thought to ask if the power had gone out. And it did. It went out about 30 minutes after I left for school. And because I didn't have check valves on the system, the return pipe(that is a good 8 inches under the water surface, decided that was a good day to create suction and drain the tank 1/3 of the way.....
 
How did the exam go ? :)
Hope everything turned out ok - can't wait to see pics of everything when it is complete :)
 
Lol, it all worked out. It just forced me to do a big water change....
 
I am definitely jealous of your "humble" 800 gallons compared to my 12 lol... but 1 question... being in the garage and specially with d.i.y. projects going on, how do u keep everything out of the tanks? I'm a construction worker and my dad is a mechanic by trade... I just picture sawdust and metal/PVC/acrylic shavings flying everywhere lol.
 
I am definitely jealous of your "humble" 800 gallons compared to my 12 lol... but 1 question... being in the garage and specially with d.i.y. projects going on, how do u keep everything out of the tanks? I'm a construction worker and my dad is a mechanic by trade... I just picture sawdust and metal/PVC/acrylic shavings flying everywhere lol.

Nothing much ever went on in the garage anyway.....no cars/construction/furniture/etc. stuff. It has always been, more or less, a storage room.
 
wow thats insane! 60 gallons evapped that quickly in closed room alebit a garage but thats still nuts.
tagging along
 
wow thats insane! 60 gallons evapped that quickly in closed room alebit a garage but thats still nuts.
tagging along

It didn't evaporate, the power went off right after I left the house and the wet floor dried before anyone saw.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top